Let’s Talk … Indian Cuisine

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It's been awhile. Thought I would start this up again.
If anyone has any topic suggestions please post.

Please share your tips, techniques and secrets to success. Pictures and recipes (please post link to your recipe if you posted one) are optional but always welcome.

Let's have some fun!

lets_talk_indian_cuisine.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's been awhile. Thought I would start this up again.
If anyone has any topic suggestions please post.

Please share your tips, techniques and secrets to success. Pictures and recipes (please post link to your recipe if you posted one) are optional but always welcome.

Let's have some fun!

View attachment 36763

I always did like the Let's Talk. I know nothing about Indian cuisine. Maybe I can come up with another category when this one has run its course.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I always did like the Let's Talk. I know nothing about Indian cuisine. Maybe I can come up with another category when this one has run its course.

This is not a challenge thread. No post deadlines. You can add to it whenever.

Please post a topic at any time. I have plenty of time. And am looking for something to beat boredom.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I love all the different spices that are used. The house always smells so, so good. I prefer it when Craig makes homemade curry bases since some of the commercial ones can be blisteringly hot, but there's one brand I do like, though will have to look when we go to the store next time as I'll know it when I see it. We've got an Indian dish on our menu list, egg butter masala with a vegetable biryani and naan.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I was going to make our Indian meal tonight. We did a small grocery run, came home, put away the food, I started the naan, sat down on the couch for a few minutes with my feet up and promptly fell asleep. When I woke up, Craig asked if I really wanted to cook tonight, told him if I didn't the dough had to go in the fridge, and he hopped right up and put it away. I don't think he really wanted it because it is vegetarian and he ended up ordering red curry with chicken and fried rice.

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Butter roasted egg masala with vegetable biryani, and garlic butter naan. Craig enjoyed it after all. Soft puffy naan, some of the best I've ever made.

Attachments

• 2020-05-23 19.00.59.jpg
    2020-05-23 19.00.59.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 895

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks wonderful Karen!!

Can you post the recipes. I've only made butter chicken and regular naan. Your naan looks great, nice and puffy (a lot better than mine). Is that fried rice?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Looks wonderful Karen!!

Can you post the recipes. I've only made butter chicken and regular naan. Your naan looks great, nice and puffy (a lot better than mine). Is that fried rice?

Thank you.

It's biryani, vegetarian.

I have to write them. I made some changes and will also make more next time I make. The masala was great, but there wasn't enough of it.

I think the overnight cold rise/rest may be part of the reason the naan came out so good. I had something similar happen with a different kind of flatbread dough.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you.

It's biryani, vegetarian.

I have to write them. I made some changes and will also make more next time I make. The masala was great, but there wasn't enough of it.

I think the overnight cold rise/rest may be part of the reason the naan came out so good. I had something similar happen with a different kind of flatbread dough.

OH please post the recipes with all your tweaks.
picture.php

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here you go. We wanted more gravy than the original recipe made, so I doubled that, and I changed the technique a bit on the biryani. The only change made on the naan was the overnight cold rise since Craig changed our mind about dinner the night we were originally supposed to have it.

Roasted butter egg masala, vegetable biryani, and naan

Thank you so much Karen.

Do you have any other Indian recipes you'd like to share?

You and Craig cook so many different cuisines/styles/techniques of cooking.
Are there any other cuisines/styles/techniques you would like to suggest/share?
Your food always looks and sounds wonderful.
I would love to try other styles/techniques of cooking.

Thanks to both of you in advance.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We've made some Persian recipes, Thai, and a few Indian recipes, but I can't remember exact dishes, other than our version of butter chicken. I'll have to flip through the cookbooks and check my online recipe list and see what I've got.

We get inspiration from watching the cooking shows and visiting the various cooking forums.