What's going on in my life

Angie

Well..I've got depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, allergies, asthma, and back problems. I am an addict to many different prescription pills. I take meds for the depression and anxiety, and ambian for insomnia. my life is not good right now. I'v also been dealing with weight gain, and losing weight in a not healthy fashion. My husband is about to have a nervous breakdown as well for his issuse. asorry,.,,,,my ambian is kickckinh in and maybe I shoulf finish tis tomorrow since i' m strating to see dou=ble. i need to talk and will continure this tonmrrooorrow before i take my aminbnen.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Angie, I hope you feel better tomorrow. Get a good night's rest, sweetie pie.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Angie, there are many kind and caring folks here, but you really should be seeking the help of a professional. I hope that you and your husband go out and find the help you need.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Angie... ambien is crazy, DH always tells me to take my azz to bed after I have taken it! Girl, please know we are here for you, no matter what is going on! Take care hun!

chowhound

I had a dog that had OCD. What a pain in the butt making sure he didn't overexert his shoulders. Try telling a 10 month old dog he can't jump around.
Anyway, hope your life turns around Angie.

Angie

I'm starting to go back to treatment on Monday...and then my husband can get free counceling as well.

PanchoHambre

Hey Angie well for one you are aware of your challenges so that is a good thing.. just remember you are not alone... all those people who look so normal... well most of them are dealing with crazy sh*t too.

This is a tough time of year too... the winter has taken its toll. Try to enjoy the doggies and the music they help me out alot.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Glad to hear you're getting some help! Best wishes to you and your family! :thumb:

Angie

Thanks everyone. I went to the Dr yesterday morning because I thought I had pneumonia. Turns out I have anxiety induced asthma attacks and a viral infection (sinuses, in my chest too). I woke up yesterday, every muscle in my body hurt. It hurt to breathe, I was shaking and my inhalers didn't help. I went to the Dr, my oxygen level was fine, but when I breathed into a meter for him to see how much air I was pushing out, it was almost nothing. He gave me a breathing treatment and it didn't change it. So...He put me on an antibiotic, prednesone, and Xanax XR but only for 15 days. I went to my shrink today and she changed my meds to Luvox. I have shopping addictions..I will buy stuff on line and have it sent to work so know one knows about it. I've been borrowing thousands of dollars from my parents. They now have access to my bank account so they can watch my every move.

My husband is depressed and has anxiety too...and just wants to sit on the couch and do nothing. I made an appointment for him and he finally got on webuitrin and xanax.

I start at ASAC (Area Substance Abuse Counseling) on Monday. Then my hubby will get free counseling through them, with a lady he saw in the past and he really really liked.

My head is so tense right now you can't move the skin on my skull...tomorrow is another day, and I'll make it through this!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
You are seeking help and that should give you some peace. Just stick with it and keep talking. I hope you feel better. I had one bug after another this winter, too. It weakened the crap out of me but I am finally feeling better save for my GERD.

Angie

Well, I was gone for 3 weeks...went into detox and rehab for taking cold meds to lose weight for the last 2 yrs. Tomorrow I move to intensive outpatient treatment.

I've been hiding this for too long.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's great to hear Angie! Like Joe said, just take one day at a time but it sounds like you are well on your way to recovery. :applause: Good luck to you and keep us updated!

IamSam

For weight loss, I highly recommend Weight Watchers' Winning Points system. It's really easy to follow, and you don't have to deprive yourself of those occasional indulgences. Plus, it really simplifies the caloric breakdown of what you're eating, such that when you grocery shop, it's sooooo easy to get a quick idea of the caloric cost just by reading the labels of the food items you buy. It worked great for me 4 years ago and the weight's still off!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Angie, good for you that you are taking the steps needed to heal yourself! It's gotta be tough, but you are DOING it!!

You are on the road to good mental and physical health, and to happiness, too!

Best of luck to you! We are here for you!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I was wondering how you were, Angie. Good for you doing detox. How are you feeling physically now? I know that addictions are psychological too and that's a longer, harder battle but you are that much closer now. Get through today. I know you can do it, girlfriend.

Angie

I was wondering how you were, Angie. Good for you doing detox. How are you feeling physically now? I know that addictions are psychological too and that's a longer, harder battle but you are that much closer now. Get through today. I know you can do it, girlfriend.

Well, I've figure a lot out. First of all, in 2003 I had gastric bypass surgery. So I've always had an addiction...food is where it all started I think (ironic, yakin about it on this forum, eh?). I also think that if I hadn't found pot and then pills, I would be an alcoholic.

I always have to have secrets. I have to always be hiding something. I don't know why. These addictions were part of it.

I have moved from one addiction to another...and I'm a co-dependent...I have mental illnesses and addictions. I am addicted to pills, shopping, food...what ever it takes.

It's not an easy road. Let me tell you...it's hard as heck. I will say that I found my higher power in Novermber and He will help me through this.

Angie

Oh crap, I never answered your question, how am I feeling physically...

The same. Pain is always going to be a part of my lilfe and I need to learn to deal with it. I had a migraine for almost 3 weeks while in treatment. The day after I got out it went away....hmmm...

smoke king

Banned
Yeah, I was thinking about you the other day as well. Its great to hear your getting a handle on things. I know very well how hard it can be.

We're always here to lean on!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I have moved from one addiction to another...and I'm a co-dependent...I have mental illnesses and addictions. I am addicted to pills, shopping, food...what ever it takes.

It's not an easy road. Let me tell you...it's hard as heck. I will say that I found my higher power in Novermber and He will help me through this.

I volunteer to be part of your support group, Angie. One day at a time. You can do it.

Buzz

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I, too, volunteer to be part of your support group. Congrats on finding your higher power! You are right, He will help you through this!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Best wishes to you and your husband Angie. I saw an author on Glen Beck who has written what sounds like an outstanding book on food. It's called "The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite". The little bit they talked of in the interview prompted me to order the book through amazon.
Here is a link to it, read the reviews and it will give you a better idea of what it's about.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/End-Overeating-Insatiable-American-Appetite/dp/1605297852[/ame]

The best part of it is that it is not trying to sell you anything but explains who so many of us overeat. I should have my copy in a day or so and would be glad to answer any questions anyone might have on it once I've read it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
^Doc, there was a famous book years ago, that has been revised in 1993. It is written by a Ph.D Janet Greeson and it is called, "It's Not What You're Eating - The 28 - Day Plan To Heal Hidden Food Addiction, Fully Revised Expanded Edition". The original book was called, "It's Not What You're Eating, It's What Is Eating You". I have known people who have had great success getting a handle on their food addictions. It is hard because one still has to eat three meals a day.