MJ's Memorial service

Wasabi

I know many here have conflicting feelings about MJ. I watched his service this morning and many times were brought to tears by how beautiful the service was. When his brother sang "Smile" was one of those times. Rest in Peace Michael, and thank you for entertaining me with your wonderful talent.:flowers:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I can't believe how many times I started crying. When they sang "We Are the World" I was balling like a little baby...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I only caught a few minutes of it really. I did catch Brooke Shields talking about MJ though but was busy at work most of the time.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It was covered completely on all the cable news shows. I happened to catch the little I saw on MSNBC which was on when we went into the office this morning. I tend to leave my TV running on low volume during the day. I would assume it was also covered on Fox Cable as well as CNN.

chowhound

Thanks, Joe.
For some reason I was envisioning the big 3 networks all covering it. And that wasn't sitting well with me. It's that whole putting entertainers on the same level as world leaders thing... I mean, do we really need funerals of entertainers televised, even for the fans? (rhetorical question)

Wasabi

Millions of viewers would say yes, we want it televised, and millions tuned in to see this tasteful, moving tribute to a great entertainer. If you're not interested, don't watch.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Carrot Top is an entertainer (though even that's debatable). Michael Jackson is an international cultural icon.