What's for dinner Friday 01/23/09?

High Cheese

Saucier
Tonight I'm trying out my pizza stone for the first time. This, in turn, could wind up being a total catastrophe.....since I'm kinda/sorta dieting and I would give my left....arm for a slice of pizza. :sad:

I can see it now....once that oooey, gooey, hot pizza pie comes out of the oven...I'll take one look at the Old Lady and say "It's all downhill from here, Hun."

:chef:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Steaks on the grill. Baked potatoes, Romaen noddle salad (to die for) and home made bread. :D Can't wait.

chowhound

Good question. Good thing I like eating late (lol).
I didn't make it back out for the fish and chip batter, so at this point I have no idea. Everything I have is frozen. I'll let you know later....

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Making up a stir fry tonight. Sliced up chicken breast, a home made Teriyaki style sauce and sliced up veggies (probably mostly peppers and onion), all served over brown rice.
Hmmm... I see a grocery store trip in the near future, LOL.

chowhound

I finally decided and started thawing a smallish Omaha strip steak and some crab legs. I made a blue cheese and asparagus sauce for the steak and a baked potato was also done on the grill. I might just fix a sundae with peanuts later, but right now I'm resting....

Attachments

• 1-23-09 steak & crab.jpg
    1-23-09 steak & crab.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 139

chowhound

I've missed taking them.
Living by my lonesome without much family, it's hard to get up the gumption to cook sometimes. Not always, but sometimes.....
Thank you from the heart :flowers:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I finally decided and started thawing a smallish Omaha strip steak and some crab legs. I made a blue cheese and asparagus sauce for the steak and a baked potato was also done on the grill. I might just fix a sundae with peanuts later, but right now I'm resting....

Boy, that looks good Chowhound.
Have you posted the recipe for the blue cheese sauce. (not sure I'd like the aspargus in it :hide:) :D But the picture looks awesome!!!!!!!!

chowhound

Thanks, Doc.

I don't really have a recipe for the sauce. I just started messing around with sauces a short time ago and am still figuring things out. This was my first white sauce for steak that didn't come out way too thick.... Jeeks could probaby come up with a TNT recipe that someone could follow. He even has a "sauce spoon". Dontcha Jeeks? ;) Lay some TNT sauces on us!

This one I started with 3/4 stick of butter, added around 2 TBS of flour, turned it into a roux. Then added some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, plus maybe 1-1/2 c of milk, then the blue cheese and asparagus. Brought it to a bubble, turned it way down and let it simmer a while. Tasted it. Added more blue cheese :lol:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Damn you chowhound!!!!!! That looks so freaking good!!!

Ok, last night, we had orange roughy broiled seasoned with s&p and garlic powder, drizzled with melted butter, sherry, and lemon juice with a dab of sugar. Then pressed italian seasoned bread crumbs on top of that. Sides were great northern beans and herbed fried rice.