Kitchen Nightmares

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
OK, this is the general cooking discussion and Stories section, and I have a story to share, LOL. However, if I am in the wrong section, feel free to move it for me!
Anyway, going thru some old college photos, I came across pictures of the kitchen we shared in the boarding house we lived in for a couple of semesters. Put it this way, took us two days of scrubbing before we felt safe enough to cook on it!! Here are the pictures:

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea for a thread. Rep points for you. :thumb:

chowhound

I like the way they had the valve for the gas right there to shut off in case things were going to blow.... not!

Yowza! That's one heck of a kitchen nightmare alright.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, good luck getting that shut off if you get a stove fire! One of the first things I added to the kitchen: A large kitchen fire extinguisher!!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
It was while we were attending the University of Iowa, 1992. I met my future wife and we moved to a boarding house down the street from the dorms. It was the basement section, had four rooms two bathroom the kitchen and a 'common room'.

PS I see I got Karma (rep) points, but it doesn't say from who... so how do I say thanks for the rep points?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
It was while we were attending the University of Iowa, 1992. I met my future wife and we moved to a boarding house down the street from the dorms. It was the basement section, had four rooms two bathroom the kitchen and a 'common room'.

PS I see I got Karma (rep) points, but it doesn't say from who... so how do I say thanks for the rep points?

Oh!!! No problemo! I you could just send me a PM. I was in collage in 1992 also. Went to DeVry.