Finding New Members

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Gang,
We are looking for the best way to attract new members here on Net Cooking Talk. Keltin was kind enough to purchase 100 pens and has passed them out to a bunch of us. I've given mine out as I expect everyone has who was lucky enough to receive them.
Plus we have the Net Cooking Talk window decal that is on a lot of our cars.
However, so far I have not seen one member sign up saying that is where they heard of us. I hope that changes soon though.
So, today I kicked off a new Google Ad campaign. I'm planning to spent $125 dollars or so over the next 60 days. I'm sure we'll get a few visitors, whether they sign up only time will tell. I've read that it is easier to convert someone already sitting at their computer than to get someone to act on a sign with your web site name that they see in a store or on your car in the parking lot. All methods work, it's which is the best bang for the buck.
As of today it's taken us about 10 days to get 5 new members (see the top five stats at the bottom of the index page (click the NCT logo to get there quickly). I'm hoping we can get 2 or 3 new members a day for the next month or two.
If anyone wants to help me continue this campaign by paying for a few days of google ads please see the site supporter page and click on the paypal link. In the comments please note that this is for the google ad campaign. If you are not already a Site Supporter this will earn you that status for sure. :D
So ...everyone look busy!!! :D :yankchain:

ps. If you see a Net Cooking Talk advert in the google ads at the top of our page or on a google search, please DO NOT CLICK ON IT. Thanks! :D :beer:

Deelady

Is there a way we could post on our facebook pages "Become a fan of Netcookingtalk.com" or some sort of banner?

sirena

Another way to get new members would be for EVERYONE to send the link to 3-5 people they know who love to cook and asking them to send it to folks THEY know who love to cook, etc., etc. I know 3 people I will be sending this to today.

Feel free to copy and paste this for sending out.

Hi____________!

First of all, this is NOT a chain letter. I'm emailing friends I know who love to cook and talk about food. I am currently a member of Net Cooking Talk, on online forum devoted to the love of cooking. It's FREE, it's fascinating, and a great source of recipes, tips and lively discussions. We are looking to add new members who can add their voice and views. Here's the link.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com

Check it out and see if it's something that you'd like to join. I, for one, would love to see what you can add to the mix!

Let me know what you think! And if you like it, please send the link to 3 or 4 folks you know who might like like it as well.
We need all the new members we can get!
If everyone sends out even 3 of these, who knows what could happen!

Sirena

sirena

OK, I just sent the above out to 3 foodies I know. Anybody else going to take up the challenge??

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I think I have one pen left out of the batch I got. I did get some questions about it as well as the decal but haven't seen any of them appear unless they are using a handle and not mentioned it yet.

lilylove

I'd love to Serena...but... all the foodies I know are here.

I have one pen left too Joe...
1. I left on the desk at the drs office
2. and 3. got left at the grocery store on different days.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is there a way we could post on our facebook pages "Become a fan of Netcookingtalk.com" or some sort of banner?

Great thought. I would love to take advantage of the facebook crowd. We've lost one or more members to the facebook farm, so turn about is fair play. :D
Not sure how to do it but with this an Miniman's idea I think this can work.
Here's a little karma for you Dee. :thumb: :D

Another way to get new members would be for EVERYONE to send the link to 3-5 people they know who love to cook and asking them to send it to folks THEY know who love to cook, etc., etc. I know 3 people I will be sending this to today.

Feel free to copy and paste this for sending out.

Hi____________!

First of all, this is NOT a chain letter. I'm emailing friends I know who love to cook and talk about food. I am currently a member of Net Cooking Talk, on online forum devoted to the love of cooking. It's FREE, it's fascinating, and a great source of recipes, tips and lively discussions. We are looking to add new members who can add their voice and views. Here's the link.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/

Check it out and see if it's something that you'd like to join. I, for one, would love to see what you can add to the mix!

Let me know what you think! And if you like it, please send the link to 3 or 4 folks you know who might like like it as well.
We need all the new members we can get!
If everyone sends out even 3 of these, who knows what could happen!

Sirena

Fantastic idea Sirena. Thanks for putting it into action. I hope lots of others do as well. Karma for you!!!!

We could set up a netcooking page on facebook.

Awesome idea Miniman. I'll do just that and let you know once it's ready. I've no clue how to market it once it's there but it sure can't hurt us. :thumb: Karma coming your way!!!! :D

sirena

I'd love to Serena...but... all the foodies I know are here.

Think hard, lilylove. Last family get-together - was there someone who you talked food with? How about at work - someone who gets it when you talk cooking? Hairdresser? What about the last person who asked you for a recipe? I bet you know a couple of foodies (or budding foodies) outside the forum. Fire 'em off an email!

Last edited by a moderator:

sirena

OK folks. I just reeled in a new member from one of the three emails I sent out today. It works! Try it.

buckytom

Grill Master
yep...but I only type with one :tongue:
:wink:

so you were just being cross... :D

i'd mentioned it before, but a lot of restaurants and take-away joints have places to leave small ads or business cards. sometimes for a promotion, sometimes just to read in the bathroom.
lol, and others might not notice that someone left some behind for patrons to find.

if there were a good quality gif or bmp available, we could print our own then start leaving them in the places we visit.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea Tom. I think we can come up with something. Remind me in a couple weeks if I have not come back with something. I have vacation coming up and I'm not sure I'll get to this before I leave / pull out from the dock.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Great thought. I would love to take advantage of the facebook crowd. We've lost one or more members to the facebook farm, so turn about is fair play. :D
Not sure how to do it but with this an Miniman's idea I think this can work.
Here's a little karma for you Dee. :thumb: :D

Fantastic idea Sirena. Thanks for putting it into action. I hope lots of others do as well. Karma for you!!!!

Awesome idea Miniman. I'll do just that and let you know once it's ready. I've no clue how to market it once it's there but it sure can't hurt us. :thumb: Karma coming your way!!!! :D
what about twitter?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Good idea Tom. I think we can come up with something. Remind me in a couple weeks if I have not come back with something. I have vacation coming up and I'm not sure I'll get to this before I leave / pull out from the dock.

Did you ever get the one I sent you in email in Publisher format? I have been using that one to make and pass out business cards.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you ever get the one I sent you in email in Publisher format? I have been using that one to make and pass out business cards.
Yep, I got it. It is not on this computer though. Would you post it here for folks who are willing to print off and pass out. Thanks Mav!!!!!!!

Deelady

I just made a NetCookingTalk.com into a group on facebook....it was the only way I could figure out how to post in on my profile....hope you dont mind Doc!