sirena

Please help! I want to put an avatar on my posts like most of you folks but don't know how. Can someone please explain, like I'm a 6 year old, how to do it? How do I find one? What do I do when I find one I like? How do I insert it into my profile? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know my way around a computer except where this type of thing (art, photos, avatars etc.
is concerned.:blush:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
you can google any kind of image or go to www.photobucket.com and find one. Then, right click on it and save as to your desktop. Then, come on here, click on usercp, click on edit avatar on the left and upload it and save. let me know if you have trouble.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Please help! I want to put an avatar on my posts like most of you folks but don't know how. Can someone please explain, like I'm a 6 year old, how to do it? How do I find one? What do I do when I find one I like? How do I insert it into my profile? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know my way around a computer except where this type of thing (art, photos, avatars etc.
is concerned.:blush:

awhile ago i uploaded around 2000 plus avatars to photobucket.

feel free to use them

some of these avatars are not G-rated so please keep that in mind when viewing

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/teacup13_2007/ then click on avatars 1,2 or 3 on the left..

Lefty

Yank
If you have a picture in mind, please post a link to it, I will re size it for you and walk you through the process.

buckytom

Grill Master
it depends on how much money the producer has...

(sorry, only goofing around) ?:>)

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Once that gets sized down to avatar size (110x110), it'll look like this.

x1h9xz.jpg

sirena

I did it and it showed the image on the use pc page but when I "saved changes" it said that the upload failed. I have to run out for a but but maybe we can work on this later. I'll let you know when I try again. thanks for the help. We'll get it sooner or later!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I did it and it showed the image on the use pc page but when I "saved changes" it said that the upload failed. I have to run out for a but but maybe we can work on this later. I'll let you know when I try again. thanks for the help. We'll get it sooner or later!

it always says that...once you hit save, its good to go... nice avatar btw

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Good job!! She looks like Broadway rendition of the little mermaid. Or maybe, on ice?

Last edited:

sirena

Thanks everyone! It's a picture of a mermaid because she seems to have a fork in her hand...get it- cooking, (but I think it's actually a trident) and SIRENA means mermaid in Spanish, and I collect mermaids.

I'm so happy to have an avatar now! Thanks for adding another little computer skill to my repertoire. Karma to everyone!