How about that Home Page..

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Doc
I love you to death...but some of the food pictures on the Home Page remind me of pictures from the Book Of Unfortunate Cooking....

Why not take some of the great pictures we've all posted lately? You are welcome to anything I've posted and I'm sure everyone else would agree.

Can it be done?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
You can use my pictures, even though they are not as good as most.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great idea Vera. I was scrambling for pictures back when Jim Slagle and I were the only active members.
I am swamped at the moment. A couple new sites are coming alive and one transfering in plus I'm starting up http://www,NetMusicTalk.com in hopes of having it going by the end of this month.
Please post the best of the best pics here in this thread where I can view them all and copy them all easier. Then I'll resize them and give credit to the member who made them. I think that would be awesome!!!!!!!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, the other thing to consider is that all that food has been sitting there for over a year.

There's no wonder it might look a little shop worn! :yum::yum::yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That is such a great idea, Vera! We have amassed a fantastic collection of food pics. Also, I would suggest that maybe there are fewer pics on the homepage so that they can be larger.

Oh, and I think we would all agree that Mama's cornbread must be on the homepage.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Definitely Jeff's fattie!

Maybe we could even rotate them every couple of months just so we get a chance to show off all the fantastic pics that have been posted here.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I second Mama's cornbread!! Vera's stuff, Fred's, Bam's, lots and lots of great pics on here to choose from!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Awwwwwwwwwww......................you guys.............................thank you :wub: I would be honored to have it on the homepage

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Oh yay for me then for suggesting something that may help you all forget that your wallets and quite possibly your sons are not safe with me..:whistling:

Anyone who as posted a picture so far...why not go back through all your posts and post three of your favourites. I'm not real comfortable asking people to vote on other people. I'm all for leaving it up to Doc to pick.

What do you say?? Three a good number?? I'd also suggest posting them all at the same time so Doc can see each person's at once.

But...if you all want to do the vote thing...fine by me, too.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Eggplant Fig Napoleon

junedinners077.jpg

Bronze cut Rotini with Lobster & Crab
weekenddinner087.jpg

Vera's Margarita Garlic Bread
Sundaygravy010.jpg

St. Joseph's Zeppoles
Dinner21March2009009.jpg

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You know...we've all posted so many fantastic pictures....it was not easy picking my three favourites. I tried to pick dishes that would be easy to look at, if that makes any sense. Some of the dishes look great, but the colours require you to really look into the picture to really see each individual ingredient. I held back the mango soup in the blue margharita glasses, that gigantic pork italian sandwich, the deconstructed kentucky burgoo and the melon and prosciutto plate.
Go ahead and see how hard it is to pick three favouites!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You're right Vera! I couldn't pick just three so I posted 4 that I'm kinda partial to but you can use as many as you'd like Doc.

Of course there's the cornbread:

P3140550-2.jpg

and then there is Easter Dinner:

P4130532.jpg

Crab Stuffed Rolled Pork with A Raspberry Jalapeno Glaze

P5210559.jpg

and Key Lime Cheesecake

keylimecheesecake.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about the 4th, too!! I couldn't resist the St. Joseph's Zeppoles.

I really need something sweet right about now, and I haven't heard the phone ring (SilverSage, I'm waiting for you to call...)
That lime cheesecake of yours, Mama is calling me.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, I went over 3. Here are my 7 favorites that I’ve done. Honestly, I forgot I had some of these in my Photobucket account! :lol:

Doc, if you like any of them, feel free to use them as you see fit.....cut, crop, resize, whatever.

Coconut Shrimp Soup with Lemongrass
Step_5-23.jpg

Tri-Tip Steak Sandwich
Step_6-6.jpg

Shrimp Po-Boy
Step_9-7.jpg

Shrimp and Chicken Alfredo
Step_6-11.jpg

Grilled Rib Eye
Step_9-1.jpg

Grilled Salmon with Lemon
Step3-19.jpg

Vegetable Mai-Fun
step5-8.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well...I totally missed the thread with this recipe: Coconut Shrimp Soup with Lemongrass...I'll be back.....

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Vera! :w00t:

I missed that Eggplant Fig Napolean! That looks incredible!!! All your pics do! :clap:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm following Mama to that recipe!

While I'm gone, here are a breakfast, a cocktail, an entree and a dessert.

Attachments

• florentine benedict (1).jpg
    florentine benedict (1).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 47
  • food 031.jpg
    food 031.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 47
  • ribs (4).jpg
    ribs (4).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 47
  • black & white truffle torte (6).jpg
    black & white truffle torte (6).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 46

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Oh yay for me then for suggesting something that may help you all forget that your wallets and quite possibly your sons are not safe with me..:whistling:

Anyone who as posted a picture so far...why not go back through all your posts and post three of your favourites. I'm not real comfortable asking people to vote on other people. I'm all for leaving it up to Doc to pick.

What do you say?? Three a good number?? I'd also suggest posting them all at the same time so Doc can see each person's at once.

But...if you all want to do the vote thing...fine by me, too.
oh yah almost 4400 post to go through..:yum:

i couldnt pick out 3 so here are my favorites

of course spaghetti squash
1020318.jpg

Q'd Chicken & Brats
img0691.jpg

jerked chicken
j6khec.jpg

blt pasta
a9ssqd.jpg

34qnuqs.jpg

2yy61zm.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Bam, I store my pictures in photobucket (the ones I've posted to forums, that is)..I only had 11 pages with about 30 images a page to go through.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Of course, I do have a few more fav's...

Attachments

• P1010340.jpg
    P1010340.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Pumpkin Roll 110808.jpg
    Pumpkin Roll 110808.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 54
  • P1000623.jpg
    P1000623.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 53

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I would love, love, love to have one of my pic's used. Here are my favorites:

Brats with Onion Relish:

3573258959_60cb2d68e6.jpg

Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches

3548895787_355d2c435a.jpg

Shrimp Salad

3633539377_1dcfdb0d73.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
hahaha, Cooksie...never mind the question I just asked you on your visitor's page, hahaha.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Gallery-Regrettable-Food-James-Lileks/dp/0609607820[/ame]

This is the book I was talking about. I bought it about 7 years ago from a little book joint at the Reading Terminal in Philladelphia. I had an afternoon to kill while Lou was at work. So, I sat in the restaurant of the DoubleTree Inn, having a light lunch and reading this book....and laughing out loud! Truly one of the funniest books about food you'll ever read.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great pics folks. Please keep them coming.
I have another website I'm finishing up as I can, then I'll work on this project. With enough pics I would like to use some of the pics on the home page and have a link to a slide show where all the pics will show up, one at a time.
Very kewl guys!!!!! :thumb: :D