NCT Aprons

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a deal set so that I can sell NCT aprons for $14.00 including shipping.

I'm having the NCT logo put on the aprons with:
Come for the Food
Stay for the People
underneath it.

I've also considered:
Great Recipes
Fabulous People

for under the logo. Do you have a preference?
Anyone want to order the 1st one so I can use it for a pic to show everyone else here?

Other thoughts for an NCT design on the apron welcome.

Any interest in NCT chef's hats?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
AWESOME!!!! Thanks SK!!!!!

From your paypal account select the "Send Money" option and send $14.00 to doc at Net Cooking Talk . com
Use the @ symbol instead of at and remove all spaces and you'll be good to go.

If you prefer I could send a 'request money' thingy via paypal. That option has been flakey at times though.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I look the first option for the apron. I wouldn't buy a chef's hat.

Is there an overseas rate for the apron?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Be sure to include the address you want the apron shipped to in your comments.
If you forgot, just PM me with the info.

Also, just in case, please include your member name in the comments so I know who ordered what ... just in case I have to contact you.

Thanks guys and gals!!!!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is there an overseas rate for the apron?

I would guess the overseas shipping might be 4 or 5 bucks extra. Until we go to send it I won't know for sure. If you want to order one how about adding 4 dollars to the 14 so that you send a total of $18. If that does not cover it I'll let you know and we'll work out the difference at that time.

THANKS!

High Cheese

Saucier
You take one apron and we send it around to all the people here. When someone gets it, they sign the apron and take a pic of themselves cooking with it on.

They did it on the other site but it got out of hand, IMO. People would send items/money with the apron, then someone just took everything. I think if we keep it SIMPLE it would be fun. Everyone would have to pay for their own shipping (with tracking number!). We could work something out to get it overseas...maybe a couple of us could throw Doc some coin to get it there so you foreigners can have your way with it. lol

chowhound

That's a pretty cool idea, Jeeks.
We could have a traveling apron thread with all the pics and where it's going next.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You take one apron and we send it around to all the people here. When someone gets it, they sign the apron and take a pic of themselves cooking with it on.

They did it on the other site but it got out of hand, IMO. People would send items/money with the apron, then someone just took everything. I think if we keep it SIMPLE it would be fun. Everyone would have to pay for their own shipping (with tracking number!). We could work something out to get it overseas...maybe a couple of us could throw Doc some coin to get it there so you foreigners can have your way with it. lol
Sounds like a fun idea to me. I'll start it out and send it to HC first since he came up with the idea. And we'll see where it goes from there. HC will choose who gets it next I guess. Is there a better way to decide who it goes to when?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
HC, do you have a larger image of the logo? That would give us better resolution than enlarging the current logo.
If you do just email it do me. doc@NCT.com

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hot off the presses:

What do you think?

Attachments

• NCT_Apron_Sample.jpg
    NCT_Apron_Sample.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 71

chowhound

Sounds like a fun idea to me. I'll start it out and send it to HC first since he came up with the idea. And we'll see where it goes from there. HC will choose who gets it next I guess. Is there a better way to decide who it goes to when?

Don't forget to start us off, Doc. A pic of you wearing it while cooking.

And we should decide on how to ship it, I know they have a lot of one rate shipping now. Or I think if we connect the dots (so to speak) we could save on shipping. It depends how we ship it. No sense sending it from Washington to Florida then back to Cal just because Trish wants to send it to Buzz who wants to send it to fOOd.... if you know what I mean. There should be some method to the madness.
IMO

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Don't forget to start us off, Doc. A pic of you wearing it while cooking.

And we should decide on how to ship it, I know they have a lot of one rate shipping now. Or I think if we connect the dots (so to speak) we could save on shipping. It depends how we ship it. No sense sending it from Washington to Florida then back to Cal just because Trish wants to send it to Buzz who wants to send it to fOOd.... if you know what I mean. There should be some method to the madness.
IMO

I did this for a fundraiser on a fly fishing website last year. We started a thread with one person in charge of updating the list of participants in the first post of the thread. That way you knew who was next and you knew where it was going. Once someone received the item, they would PM the next person to get their addy and it kept moving nicely. Pictures of members wearing the hat were then posted in the thread.

Yes, it did crisscross the country a couple of times, but it really was not a problem. We did this with a hat and anything else you could fit in a Priority Mail Envelope. This way everyone paid the the same shipping fee. If it got to an area where there were a few members living close by, they would meet for coffee, sign the hat, add/remove trinkets, and send it on to the next person.

When we called it quits, we had an online auction for the hat and everything in the envelope, and donated the proceeds to the site owner to help with server upgrade and operational costs. I think we raised $450, which was pretty good for a rag-tag bunch of fly flingers.

Just an idea to think about.

High Cheese

Saucier
Doc, I'm going to get on that stuff after lunch today. Just send 2 aprons when you get them (save on shipping) and I'll send it to the next person.

Looks real good, BTW. :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea Joe. Maybe we can work it something like that. I doubt if a stained used apron would be in that much demand ... but you never know. :D :thumb:

HC, I'm having the vendor drop ship, so you'll get yours from them, and I'll send the NCT shared apron once I've done my duty with it. :D

Thanks for your work on the imiage. :thumb: :D

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Hot off the presses:

What do you think?

It was exactly what I had wanted, Doc when I approached you with the idea. I am so excited that you decided to go through with it!!! (Happy Birthday to me!)

I would love to buy one--want to put up the link to the paypal account again and do you need my address?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I would also love to take part of the travelling apron game. However, I have to wait a bit until the contractors are done. lol

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It was exactly what I had wanted, Doc when I approached you with the idea. I am so excited that you decided to go through with it!!! (Happy Birthday to me!)

I would love to buy one--want to put up the link to the paypal account again and do you need my address?
Good thought on the paypal link Susan. If you click on the Site Supporters button just under the NCT logo, you can use the Paypal Donate button on that page to pay for the apron. If the amount is $14 I'll know what it's for. :D There is also a comment section for any special handling requests.
You are right, you prompted me to move on with this. Good idea, and thanks for suggesting it. :thumb: :D :tiphat: And yes, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!! :happybday1:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Very cool, gotta have me one of them! I'll get with DW and get some money freed up to buy one, LOL!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i wish i could participate with this... sending a standard envelope to USA with a tracking # is $15....

but i would be willing to pay for a an apron but what are the sizes on them Doc?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
AFAIK it's a one size fits all.
Why would you need a tracking number on the envelope? You do not need a paypal account to use paypal. Plus setting up a paypal account is free. Rather handy if I do say so myself both from a paying and receiving standpoint.
We'll get you fixed up one way or another Bams. :D

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

I LOVE this idea!

Galvatron

Doc this is a great idea....i will order one real soon when im at my by bro-in-laws as i dont use paypal.

And the idea having one travel the world and getting signed is just great....we need to do something similar on FF...maybe using race/working overalls.:thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
AFAIK it's a one size fits all.
Why would you need a tracking number on the envelope? You do not need a paypal account to use paypal. Plus setting up a paypal account is free. Rather handy if I do say so myself both from a paying and receiving standpoint.
We'll get you fixed up one way or another Bams. :D

the reason a tracking # is good is because i have had a few parcels "lost" in the mail recently... when shipping normal mail you take a big risk of the apron going missing

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
the reason a tracking # is good is because i have had a few parcels "lost" in the mail recently... when shipping normal mail you take a big risk of the apron going missing

I have the same problem here Doc, USPS is not reliable. Maybe that could be an option when purchasing thru PayPal? $0 if they choose your standard shipping, $X for shipping with signature/tracking number? I have done that with all the products I have purchased thru Ebay, I always choose the one with tracking numbers and/or requiring signatures even when it costs me more money.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sure we can make the tracking number an option but, as expected, it will cost extra. We'll get this process down with these first orders and then I'll talk to the vendor about that.