What to do with ...

GotGarlic

Fig and Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar. So I bought this delicious vinegar after tasting it in the store. I made a vinaigrette with it last night and served it over romaine, cucumbers and strawberries. It was really good, although next time I'll add mint (this is a version of a recipe they have at the shop where I bought it).

What other wonderful ideas do you all have for this yummy Fig and Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar?

Lefty

Yank
  • The salad
  • 3 cups orange sections (about 3 large oranges)
  • 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
  • 3 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
  • 1 cup avocado diced
Dressing
1 part evoo
1 part your balsamic
1 part lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 dash hot sauce

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Man that sounds like a great balsamic will have to find some. It should be supper on salads mixed with other things, fruit dishes would be good as well as mushroom dishes using it in the cooking. It would also be good added to a marinate for lamb, chicken, beef or even fish. I would give it kind of a Greek or Middle east taste too.

GotGarlic

Lefty, that sounds *really* good, and I have all the ingredients, too. Joe, those are some good ideas, too - thanks :smile: I'll be thinking about a marinade for something this week.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
How about a fig, spinach and goat cheese sandwich with the vinegar drizzled over it??