Not my best day

GotGarlic

Hi, everyone. I haven't been feeling great the last couple of weeks. I ws pretty sure I knew why, and now I know for sure. My hemoglobin and hematrocrit are seriously down and I'm coming to you live from the hospital, where I'll be getting at least two, and possibly four, units of blood tonight and tomorrow. DH just left for home, but he left me with an old laptop, so I can hang out here tonight. He's such a sweetheart :wub:

So, hope everyone is having a better night than I am :glare:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Not much, but, I am home. I hope the blod perks you up and you are raring to go by morning. I had to have tw units once and i made a big difference in a hurry.

Prayers, hugs and good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Andy

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Damn GG!! You better take care of yourself!! Poor thing. I hate that you have been feeling so bad. I hope you get better really fast!! And kudos to dh!!

FEEL20BETTER20SOON.jpg

homecook

Sorry to hear that GG. Sending best wishes your way and hoping you get to feeling better real soon!!!

GotGarlic

Not much, but, I am home. I hope the blod perks you up and you are raring to go by morning. I had to have tw units once and i made a big difference in a hurry.

Prayers, hugs and good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Andy

Thanks, Andy, I hope it makes a big difference fast :smile: I haven't been able to walk upstairs without getting out of breath and exhausted.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
So sorry GG!! I hope you get to feeling better soon! At least you can hang with us while you're in there!! :clap:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
It has been a long time since that, but, I remember just feeling drained and like I couldn't move, worse yet didn't care. Tow units of blood and I was feeling great. I hope it does the same for you.

Oh! yes dh is a nice man.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am so sorry, sweetie pie. I bet the infusions will perk you up; I sure hope they do!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwww, GG! I'm sorry you are under the weather and in the hospital, but at least you're not alone - you have US!

Your DH is very thoughtful!

Feel better soon!

Lee

GotGarlic

Thanks, guys :smile: It helps knowing y'all are out there, and having the forum gives me something else to think about.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Sorry to hear GG, but ya gotta love the wireless at the hospitals these days! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope your better soon GG! I'll be praying for you. I'm glad you have a wonderful DH to take care of you.

GotGarlic

Thanks again, and Mama, he is the BEST - he came to see me this morning and brought me real coffee from home in a carafe, with my favorite creamer, and the newspaper :wub:

Haven't seen a doctor yet this a.m., so I don't know if I'll need more blood. I do feel better, but I haven't tried to go up any stairs yet :unsure:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks again, and Mama, he is the BEST - he came to see me this morning and brought me real coffee from home in a carafe, with my favorite creamer, and the newspaper :wub:

Haven't seen a doctor yet this a.m., so I don't know if I'll need more blood. I do feel better, but I haven't tried to go up any stairs yet :unsure:

Will he marry me too? :)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. You'll be home soon I trust.

Buzz

Peggy

I hope you get better soon, and glad you are feeling better. It's hard to wait on the dr to come in to find out anything more. Hang in there and get well!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Funny story to cheer you up GG.

Several years ago, I was in "The Hospital for Bone and Joint diseases" in the middle of Manhattan. Normally, one would think that a hospital in Manhattan would be "stuffy" for the lack of a better word. About the second day there, I found out that Mcdonalds (across the street), the local chineese restaurant and the Pizza parlor, also close to McDonalds, all deliver to the room and it was OK with everyone. I just found ti funny.

Andy

To continue on, My Dr.'s name was Dr.Sherreff. HJD is a teaching hospital. he cam in on rounds with a bunch of students. I recall asking fo they were deuty shereff's. I am not sure what he ordered for meds after tht, but, I was asleep a long time.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear you are in the hospital GG, but glad that you are feeling better. :thumb:
Hope your stay there is a short one.
WiFi in the hospital is way cool. It has to be a help to many patients who want to make contact with others who cannot come to the hospital, plus they can talk with all their online friends. :thumb: :D

GotGarlic

Funny story to cheer you up GG.

Several years ago, I was in "The Hospital for Bone and Joint diseases" in the middle of Manhattan. Normally, one would think that a hospital in Manhattan would be "stuffy" for the lack of a better word. About the second day there, I found out that Mcdonalds (across the street), the local chineese restaurant and the Pizza parlor, also close to McDonalds, all deliver to the room and it was OK with everyone. I just found ti funny.

Andy

To continue on, My Dr.'s name was Dr.Sherreff. HJD is a teaching hospital. he cam in on rounds with a bunch of students. I recall asking fo they were deuty shereff's. I am not sure what he ordered for meds after tht, but, I was asleep a long time.

:D Thanks for the smile, Andy. I just talked to my best friend (other than DH) and she's bringing me Thai spring rolls and chicken satay for lunch.

This is a teaching hospital, too, which is cool. And my doctor has been with me for 20 years - he's a great guy and knows me very well, so that's comforting.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Get well soon! Something good to eat and a computer always helps make a hospital stay a little better.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
you better get feeling better soon... i just sent you out your pork rub out and well it wont taste good on hospital food..no amount of spice will help you there..lol

all the best to you GG

GotGarlic

Well, I'm on my fourth unit of blood and might be going home tonight. I do feel better, and I can't wait to get home and hang out with the animals, including DH :wink: Couldn't help myself there.

Bam, I'm really looking forward to trying that rub. I still have a 5-lb. pork butt in the freezer. I'll take it out as soon as I get home and will make some pulled pork out of it. I wonder if DH is ready to buy a smoker yet? Otherwise, it will have to be done in a Dutch oven, unless he wants to sit and watch it all day one day this weekend.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
it is in my opinion that everybody should own a smoker...it should be a law or something... :yum::yum::yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awww, GG, I am so sorry you are in the hospital. Even with a laptop and a wonderful hubby and a good doctor, it still sucks! I'm sending you healing thoughts and wishes and I hope you'll get to go home soon.