Crunch Time

Lefty

Yank
I am at a point at work where everything is hectic. We are just about to go out to Sea Trials and everything is behind. Even I got hit with the micro managing this time around. On the last ship 1 out of 20 people say they didn't understand my brief to the crew. So the manangment decided I am not busy enough with my own programs and I have to do the brief this Friday for my leader and manager, then again for the commander Monday. I get to do this again Thursday for the crew. They decided this wasn't enough and gave me an extra test (engineering event) that goes after the busiest test we have. In the meantime I still have to manage my program, help with testing, and attend 1/2 a dozen meetings extra while I could be getting things done.

I am sorry for the rant but I just noticed my big test procedure is missing the plant line up and I had to take a walk around the block and grab a smoke just to cool down. (Inhale lefty) I am sorry in advanced if I am missing a little around here and don't get back to you guys as timely as you are accustomed to. When I get past these next few weeks everything will return to normal.

Thanks in advance for your support. (Breath)

There I feel a little better already. Can anyone guess who is going to have a couple of beers Friday night? :alc:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
You're right, breath:kiss: rant all you want. We'll be here when you need us!!
Good luck darlin!!

Biskit

Jeez, Lefty! You need to bring your twin with ya, so it seems. Good luck!
Oh, are they paying you any extra, since you have to do someone else's job, too?

PanchoHambre

Good luck lef.... Sometimes I have to sneak out for a smoke too just to be able to deal with what is in front of me at work too.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You can only do what you can do, Lefty, and do the best you can. Make sure you are taking care of yourself, because it sure sounds as if they can't do WITHOUT you!

Kind of a good feeling, especially during these economic times, though!

Good luck!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck Lefty. I didn't know you built ships for the Navy. Sounds Kewl. I would love to see some pics ....once crunch time is over and things slow down for you.

Lefty

Yank
Good luck Lefty. I didn't know you built ships for the Navy. Sounds Kewl. I would love to see some pics ....once crunch time is over and things slow down for you.

Here is one I had in my album. (I'm on lunch break)

picture.php

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Don't worry about us, Lefty. Just take care of yourself and try to stay sane during the next couple of weeks. We'll wait here.

Lefty

Yank
My afternoon got canceled. Things are looking up already. :bounce:

Of coarse I didn't wait around for anyone to tell me otherwise I got out of there quick. The shipyard had to go up on the mast so I can't test with radios.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Lefty. Thanks. I was in the Navy and love pics of Navy ships. Keep em coming whenever you have the time. :thumb: :tiphat:
And thanks for all you do. :clap: :clap:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Please keep an eye out for a black yukon parked outside, with men in dark glasses
Uh oh, I think I see them. Dark suits and dark glasses. Unlawfully dark windshield tint. And now one of them is rolling down the window and......mooning me???? Lefty, is that you????:glare:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Lefty, much love being sent your way! I know it is tough when things get so stressful!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
oh man, I know how you feel.....

do this: in through the nose, two three four, out through the mouth, two three four. in through the nose, two three four, out through the mouth, two three four. If nothing else, it gives you a chance to focus on anything other than what is directly in front of you.

Good luck.

Lefty

Yank
I just got out of the second meeting is this process and I am here to tell you that I am so glad its Friday. Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. After I finish this madness this coming Wed. night I will sure be a happy camper.