1 Tomato, small, seeded and chopped
2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 tbs Olive oil
4 Portabella mushrooms
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside. Brush mushroom caps and edges with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place gill side up on baking sheet. Divide cheese among mushroom caps and bake 10 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon, tomato and chives over mushrooms. You can add more cheese if you'd like. Return to oven and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are hot.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Damn that sounds good and I love Portobello mushrooms. I usually just take the large ones with a little olive oil, salt pepper and put them on the grille but will try these stuffed.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Have you tried it with other cheeses? I was thinking it might be great with Mozzarella, Pecorino, Provolone, or Jack cheese and maybe Prosciutto Ham or pancetta in place of the bacon.

homecook

Have you tried it with other cheeses? I was thinking it might be great with Mozzarella, Pecorino, Provolone, or Jack cheese and maybe Prosciutto Ham or pancetta in place of the bacon.

Change it up whatever way you want. lol We have used jack cheese and I've even put hot pepper cheese on mine, sprinkle some jalapeno slices on also.

The original recipe was to make them like potato skins, hence the name, so go for it.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I was just thinking outside the box a bit as the recipe you posted sounds to die for.

homecook

Made these tonight with a salad for dinner. I've included pics.
I made them on the grill instead of in the oven.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 117
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 120

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Made these tonight with a salad for dinner. I've included pics.
I made them on the grill instead of in the oven.

CARP! I'm weeping here! Those are gorgeous! I'll take two plates please!

I'm so making these. Thank you!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I was looking at these again in the Results thread....and MAN, I've GOT to have these. How awesome! They look like little mini mushroom pizzas! So colorful! I can almost taste them! Definitely on the short list to cook!! :clap:

Last edited:

homecook

Thanks again!
I made 6 of them expecting two apiece for me, DH and Ds. DH and I ate all of them. Ds wasn't home. LOL
Let me know if you try them.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
yeah i was thinking for a pizza supreme with all the cheese, meats and veggies!!