Pugger - are you okay??

simplicity

Please check in.

Parts of Houston and surrounding areas are flooded and will continue to flood. If we live under a small cloud we had 3-4 inches of rain yesterday afternoon. If we live under a big cloud we had up to a foot of rain.

I live where flash flood warnings and the rains are expected to continue. I am fine. I'm concerned about Plugger. Lots of bad news from his direction.

pugger

I am okay & I appreciate you asking. I hope you are still doing good.

We had 9" of rain in not quite 24 hours. Retention pond is 4' higher than it was during Allison - that is bad. House couple blocks down struck by lightening yesterday & caught fire. Could not go into work because it always floods out.

All in all, we were very fortunate.

simplicity

Fortunate here as well. I'm not sure how much rain we had, a little less than you I think.

In any case, I'm letting the cat out this morning. I saw those snakes slithering through the floodwaters!

pugger

Thanks for the good wishes! :a1::tiphat:
I took pics yesterday of our retention pond which don't do it justice for size. This pond is about 20 feet deep, 2 football fields wide, and at least 3 football fields long. For tropical storm Allison, it had at least 4 feet less water in it.
IMG00046-1.jpg

simplicity

Wow pugger! If I remember correctly Allison brought us 36+ inches of rain within a few days. Yesterday though I thought someone with a dark sense of humor built us a retaining pond in the middle of the Katy Freeway.

When in doubt, run for your life!:respect:At least, stay safe.