Miserable User Mode????

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Have I been put on it????

Good grief... everything is slow as snot, I'm having problems posting profile messages, says it needs to contain at least 4 characters. And my message is well over 4 characters.

What did I do???? :unsure:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Me, too. I thought it was just because my kids are on their computers torrenting....er, playing video games.

Biskit

Good grief... everything is slow as snot, I'm having problems posting profile messages, says it needs to contain at least 4 characters. And my message is well over 4 characters.

Awwwwwww, Sattie!

Why don't you reboot your pc.

That or give Doc more quarters to feed the server so it keeps working. :yum:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I just tried to post a message to Deelady's profile, it worked this time. I have been having the problem all evening.

I could be my connection, seems like everything is dragging tonight.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Are you typing directly in, or doing a cut-n-paste from a word processor like Word? I had that happen to me the other day, and some of the problem was cut-n-paste, and some was "........." which made the boards not read individual charaters. And there was also a problem with too many smilies. I just canceled out and tried again and it worked.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The site is slow to load some things. Many times, a page will come up, and you try to click “Give Karma” and nothing happens. You have to wait several seconds, and I imagine the rest of the HTML code is loading. But after waiting a bit, it works, but it does take a bit of time. Same thing with things like User CP, and other menu options. It seems the “pretty parts” of the pages come up first, then the control aspects come up later.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Are you typing directly in, or doing a cut-n-paste from a word processor like Word? I had that happen to me the other day, and some of the problem was cut-n-paste, and some was "........." which made the boards not read individual charaters. And there was also a problem with too many smilies. I just canceled out and tried again and it worked.

I'm typing directly in. I never cut and paste and rarely use the smilies. But it seems to be working better now. :clap: