Habenero infusion?

Derek

Banned
Hi gang.

I'm going to make my bbq sauce tomorrow and I have a question on the Habenero?

Ok if I want to use 1 hab to give it a fruity flavor and some kick, How long do I want to keep the habenero with acupuncture in the sauce while it's simmering?

Fishbum

Hi Derek, I'm new here. I'm not sure what acupuncture in the sauce is, but when it comes to habaneros, if you have to ask if you should put it in a sauce or not, you should probably not. I eat lots of chile's and habaneros and they are too hot for most people. Maybe jalapenos would be better? Good luck with your sauce.

Derek

Banned
Hi Derek, I'm new here. I'm not sure what acupuncture in the sauce is, but when it comes to habaneros, if you have to ask if you should put it in a sauce or not, you should probably not. I eat lots of chile's and habaneros and they are too hot for most people. Maybe jalapenos would be better? Good luck with your sauce.
Welcome to the forum Fishbum, Firstly I've eaten habeneros not a whole one mind you, but silvers, sauces, and what not. And acupuncture means holes in the habenero to release the juices! But I may just add a table spoon ful og the green sauce Bam Gave me for winning a contest.

Derek

Banned
Keen! I've never heard of unripened green habanero sauce. Is it as hot as ripe habaneros?
like I said, I've never had a full habenero but slivers, And to answer your question IT'S FREAKING HOT!

But it;s one of those hot sauces that's best I've ever had.

"Now if he marketed the sauce I would buy a case for sure"

But since the recipe release I can make it now and I will do so once my jar is gone.