Mac & cheese with out spice

Derek

Banned
Hey guys, Remember I was telling everyone I was making mac & cheese for the folks and I've posted up the ingredients, on the main page?

Anyways it turned out good and there was a good amount of flavor to the stuff, However it felt like there was something missing. Then I thought to my self, Self you got to put spices in this but my folks wouldn't let me.

Anyways Am I dependent on spice now, and everything will taste dull with out it, even though its not dull?

GotGarlic

Hi, Derek. By spice, do you mean heat from chiles? Yes, people do become dependent on that - they're definitely addictive. You could always sprinkle your portion with hot sauce when you eat it, like people do with eggs or fried chicken.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
my friend carries a small bottle of hot sauce where ever he goes. i carry a spare can of Tony's or Zatarains for this purpose.. tony's on mac & cheese is very good.

AllenOK

I have to agree with GotGarlic. Derek, please define "spice", and what that means to both you and your folks.

I am in the same boat. I like highly-seasoned (not just chile, but other herbs/spices), strongly-flavored foods with lots and lots of caramelization. Unfortunately, PeppA was raised on Pennsylvania Deutsch cooking, and sadly, her grandmother didn't really know much about cooking, and passed this tolerance for bland food on to PeppA's mom and eventually to PeppA herself. I should mention that PeppA and her family are from Michigan, so I am very familiar with what you are going through.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yup me too... mrs bam was born in Pontiac,MI...but i have converted her to spice and hot..lol

I have to agree with GotGarlic. Derek, please define "spice", and what that means to both you and your folks.

I am in the same boat. I like highly-seasoned (not just chile, but other herbs/spices), strongly-flavored foods with lots and lots of caramelization. Unfortunately, PeppA was raised on Pennsylvania Deutsch cooking, and sadly, her grandmother didn't really know much about cooking, and passed this tolerance for bland food on to PeppA's mom and eventually to PeppA herself. I should mention that PeppA and her family are from Michigan, so I am very familiar with what you are going through.

GotGarlic

I was born in Virginia, raised in MI by my Virginia-raised mother, and have lived back in VA for, dang, more than 20 years now. I have learned to like it hot!

th_pepper00.gif

btw, is pepper with acupuncture a common term for using a habenero that way? It's the first time I've heard it. Tks.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i think he meant that if he pierces it so it releases some of the habs juice..not sure though..lol