What is best way to Store different fruit?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Is it better to leave tomatoes outside of the fridge?

What about Citrus like limes and grapefruit? :unsure:

I really have no idea.

Nica

Hey ........Have you tried the green bags advertised on TV for longer refrig storage. I'm always skeptical of this stuff but they really do work. You can use them about 6-7 times before the magic goes south. We ordered some off the Internet and I must admit....they do what they say. Check this......

www.GreenBags.com

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I actually by fruits, onions and potatoes in small quantities since it is just 3 of us most of the time. The only thing I buy in quantity any more is meats, can goods and pantry items such as pasta, flour etc.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Maters - store at room temp. The cold of the fridge changes the tomato, texture and flavor.

Grapefruit - room temp.

Limes - I toss in the fridge for longer shelf life. I like the keep them handy at all times so I will sacrifice the flavor on storing in the fridge vs the crap out of the bottle.

I do like the grocery stores do (providing that the folks running the store are not total morons!). If they have the produced chilled, it get's chilled. If it is purchased at room temp, then in a hanging basket it goes!

Locutus

I do like the grocery stores do (providing that the folks running the store are not total morons!). If they have the produced chilled, it get's chilled. If it is purchased at room temp, then in a hanging basket it goes!

Sattie,

Thank you for pointing out what should have been obvious! :thumb:

Sometimes, (actually most of the time :cry: ) I OVERTHINK things, when the obvious answer is the right answer, and it's under my nose! :oops:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Well I look at it this way... I hope they know what the heck they are doing cuz I'm a big copy cat!!! LOL!

Locutus

For long term storage of apples, peaches, apricots, pears, zucchini, summer squash, peppers, parsley, onions, etc, I like to dry them in my "Harvest Maid" dehtdrator, bag them in "zip locs," and freeze.

The freezing probably isn't necessary if they're properly dried, but if gives me the "warm fuzzies." :chef: