English cucumber
1/4 cup fresh crab
1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
1 teaspoon fresh lime Juice
1 tablespoon green onion, sliced fine
1/4 cup celery. diced fine
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Cut cucumber crosswise into 1-1/2-inch slices, then cut these slices in two diagonally.

Scoop out centers with a melon baller making cucumber cups leaving 1/4-inch walls. Salt cups lightly.

In a small bowl combine crab, lime zest, lime juice, onion, celery, oil, salt and pepper. Fill the cucumber cups, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG - this sounds divine!!! All of my favorite tastes wrapped into one! They would be perfect for a little back-yard get together this summer. Thanks, Barb!

But can you tell me what an English cucumber is?

homecook

OMG - this sounds divine!!! All of my favorite tastes wrapped into one! They would be perfect for a little back-yard get together this summer. Thanks, Barb!

But can you tell me what an English cucumber is?

They are the long, thin cucumbers that are usually wrapped in saran wrap. You can really use any kind. Regular cucumbers are just going to be larger.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
They are the long, thin cucumbers that are usually wrapped in saran wrap. You can really use any kind. Regular cucumbers are just going to be larger.
OK, I know what those are. I don't know why but I thought they were Japanese cucumbers. Thanks, Barb!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
If that recipe isn't just perfect for a warm evening I've never seen one - and I love cucumbers. I will be making those soon. Thank you so much Barbie Doll.

homecook

You're both so welcome!

Thanks buzz.....you just took me back about 50 years ago and my dad calling me that. lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I too love cucumbers and make a lot of cucumber salads but this sounds great and would probably also work with shrimp too.

homecook

Hey Hc, come on mate where's the pictures :)

By the way I may have to try this.

Sorry sweetie........no pics yet, when I've made this before I wasn't in the picture taking mode. If I make this for my mom's b-day next week I'll take pics then. Give it a try!!

Derek

Banned
Sorry sweetie........no pics yet, when I've made this before I wasn't in the picture taking mode. If I make this for my mom's b-day next week I'll take pics then. Give it a try!!
LOL, I'm a dude by the way mate.

That's just wrong!

Renfro Jones

I have never had lime with crab meat, always lemon. Never really thought about it but when the season starts (next month) I will give it a try. Crab is so good, especially backfin lump. Be sure and let us know the results....

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've had it with both and agree with HC it is a bit brighter with lime than lemon but both will work fine.

Renfro Jones

I'll try it, I always dip the claw meat in lemon. Some people keep a bpwl of vinegar at the table and dip there meat in it. ( crab meat)