Sweet Potatoe Chips? "Recipe needed"

Derek

Banned
Since most of you are a hell of a better cooks then the people on "Allrecipes.com" I'm asking for you guys & gals to give me a descent recipe for Sweet Potatoes chips?

I want to use my butter milk and fryer tomorrow, Or when I get up.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
slice thinly, fry until desired texture, usually only a couple of minutes..sprinkle lightly with salt.

i like sweet potato fires. same method but we sprinkle a little cajun seasoning in them

Derek

Banned
slice thinly, fry until desired texture, usually only a couple of minutes..sprinkle lightly with salt.

i like sweet potato fires. same method but we sprinkle a little cajun seasoning in them
Or chipotle powder :)

Hey bam, This recipe is identical to yours but it say's to shock them in ice water for 1 hour.

Sprinkle these tasty fries with salt and a little cinnamon, or sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
INGREDIENTS:

• 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes
  • oil for deep frying
  • salt and pepper
  • cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar

PREPARATION:

Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2- x 3-inch strips. Put strips in ice water until ready to fry. Dry with paper towels and fry in batches in 375° oil. When lightly browned and tender, transfer to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or salt and a little cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar. These are especially tasty with ham or pork.
Serves 4.

I really don't need that part do I?

And what about putting a my batter I made for my onion rings on it?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

That’s pretty much it! Some add paprika or even a touch of cayenne.

Derek you mention buttermilk.....you aren’t thinking of battering these are you?????

Derek

Banned
That’s pretty much it! Some add paprika or even a touch of cayenne.

Derek you mention buttermilk.....you aren’t thinking of battering these are you?????
I was thinking about it. But I'll it Bams way first, If I like them and I think they taste good I'll my way next.

I still have a spanish onion I can do my butter milk batter with.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Don't really know what would happen if you battered chips. For battered fries, you cut them uniformly and blanch them first (fry for 2-3 minutes to soften), then drain and let cool, then batter them and fry again. If you don’t blanch them first, it’s possible the batter will burn before your potatoes is done through.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Potato chips are simply fried potatoes with no batter. I use a Mandolin to cut mine be it sweet potato or regular Idaho whites. If you want to store them any time before frying then you need to put them in cold water. The main thing is the temperture of the oil as that makes a difference.

Derek

Banned
Thank you gang, I will go ahead and use Bam's recipe, I've been very excited each time he posts a recipe since it turns out as he mentioned and some times even better.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Thank you gang, I will go ahead and use Bam's recipe, I've been very excited each time he posts a recipe since it turns out as he mentioned and some times even better.

well thank you Derek...i try..lol:blush::blush:

Derek

Banned
well thank you Derek...i try..lol:blush::blush:
Hell, My mom tried your Jambalaya after I made it a few nights ago and she had 2 big bowls full of it. Let me tell you something about my mom, She hates Jambalaya but she loved this one. But instead of using 3/4 adoully meat I used 1 and a half pounds of cherizo. So give your self a pat on the back.