Gardens winding down this year.

Nica

Well the garden's winding down for this year. I guess I'm ready. I rototilled quite a bit yesterday. Only thing still going strong are the tomatoes, peppers, okra, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and of course zucchini. And we're still getting a lot of corn from the 3rd planting.

Still coming on are the snap beans and three types of carrots.

This pic is the North half, the rest is across the dry creek bed on the far side of the fence.

I gotta say that my favorite is growing potatoes. Never know what your getting till you dig em! :biggrin: or :pat: !!!!!

Attachments

• Gardens winding down(600 x 450).jpg
    Gardens winding down(600 x 450).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 109

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
We've had a good bit of cool weather. The bell peppers have given up and the tomatoes are almost gone.

Jim

Nica

We've had a good bit of cool weather. The bell peppers have given up and the tomatoes are almost gone.

Jim

I've got a lot of green tomatoes and so far the temps haven't dropped too low. Our high today was 77. Today I picked my first two bells. They were small and poorly shaped but at least I got two. :thumb: This year the peppers performed poorly, but I was 5-6 weeks late in planting. However, cooler weather is coming for sure and I know I'll be making a lot of chow-chow with the tomatoes that don't rippon.

With the news about the bailout etc........I'm glad I/we dried and canned what we did. I think it's going to get rough out there. :sick:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
We got the last peppers over a week ago. Probably 35 or 40 total from two plants in a large pot on the deck.

There's probably another gallon bucket or so of grape tomatoes.

I'll clean up everything and put the pots under the deck until next year.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Dang, must be nice to have a garden like that! I'm limited to my patio table.... 1 mater plant, 1 jalapeno plant, 1 cayenne pepper pant, 3 basil plants that have driven me insane this year... more basil than I know what to do with. I'm letting it seed, so if anyone needs basil seeds.... holler at me! And one lemon tree that I have been nursing for 4 years now. I grew it from seed and this year it took off. I'm told it will never fruit tho. Anywho... nice garden Miss Nica!!