Oyster Sauce- OK, now what ?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I love the sauce and condiment aisle at the Korean Market. Each time, I try to pick something new to me, and somethin thats TNT to me......

Yesterday i chose Oyster Sauce............ now, what do I DO with it ?:confused:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I love the sauce and condiment aisle at the Korean Market. Each time, I try to pick something new to me, and somethin thats TNT to me......

Yesterday i chose Oyster Sauce............ now, what do I DO with it ?:confused:
i use it in my beef stir fry. at the end of cooking the beef and veggies i add oyster sauce, soy sauce and a bit of cornstarch dissolved in beef broth throw into pan at the last minute of cooking stir till thickens.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Oyster sauce is great in almost all stir fry dishes and Asian sauces. It is one of the Asian condiments I keep on hand along with dark and light soy sauce, Mirin, rice wine vinegar, rice wine, hot bean paste, Chinese mustard, Sriracha and sesame oil.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Stir-fry and fried rice is what I've used it in. It provides that umami taste that you get in Chinese food. Don't go overboard, unless you really like oyster flavor. Use a little bit, and acts as a flavor enhancer...

phreak

I actually just recently(last year or 2) started adding the oyster sauce to my stir fry's. I always used to wonder what was missing, they were good but something was missing...the missing link=oyster sauce.