Ay the wife's request

Nica

We've been busy the last few days with canning and dehydrating. On Sunday we canned 16 qts. of dill pickle spears and 7 pints of cucumber relish.
eek.gif
I boil the jars and do the boiling water bath on the deck. It's fast and keeps the heat out of the kitchen. And much of the mess.

On Monday I sliced 12 tomatoes and a few yellow squash and zucchini, and cut up 14 cantaloupes to go in the dehydrator. This is after we tasted the dehydrated cantaloupe and found to our surprise how good the taste was when it was just chewed like a piece of candy.
tongue.gif
I was given instructions.........we HAD to have more.

The tomatoes and squash ended up with one qt. freezer bag each, and the cantaloupe filled a one gallon freezer bag.
smile.gif

The cool weather blew in yesterday and I'm afraid it will really slow the garden down. It's 58 out right now with a 10 min wind average of 18 mph. Our projected high for today is only 67 with high winds.
frown.gif

Attachments

• Dill spears (600 x 399).jpg
    Dill spears (600 x 399).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Halved cantaloupe (600 x 399).jpg
    Halved cantaloupe (600 x 399).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Sliced cantaloupe (600 x 399).jpg
    Sliced cantaloupe (600 x 399).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Loading trays (600 x 399).jpg
    Loading trays (600 x 399).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Dried cantaloupe.jpg
    Dried cantaloupe.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Ready to be bagged.jpg
    Ready to be bagged.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 117

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love cantelope. My favorite fruit. I bet that would be good. Who would've thunk it?

And we've been over 90 degrees the past few days with more days in the 90's predicted.