PDA

View Full Version : Going to take introductory to baking this fall.

Derek
03-31-2009, 11:33 PM
As the title states,

I'm going to be taking Bakery class this fall and I was wondering if anyone has done it?

Since I know the very basics and I find playing with dough is fun, I thought to self that it would be a cool idea?
Well How many of you took any sort of bakery class?
I remember in high school all my homec <sp> classes were straight A's, That's the only class I had a's in LOL

lilylove
03-31-2009, 11:34 PM
Have a ton of Fun!!!

Derek
03-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Have a ton of Fun!!!Thanks I will, It's going to start as soon as my photography class gets done :P

Mama
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Have fun Derek. I've never taken any kind of cooking or baking classes...just in my mama's kitchen.

Derek
03-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Have fun Derek. I've never taken any kind of cooking or baking classes...just in my mama's kitchen.Thanks Mama, I hope I will, I hope I get to wear that cool pastry hat as well. I like to learn a lot more then just making bread & pizza , Although they're fun to make.

PieSusan
04-01-2009, 12:50 AM
I have taken different cooking and baking classes for fun at a local cooking school, especially when they have visiting pastry chefs that I enjoy! It is a lot of fun and gave me an opportunity to ask questions.

However, I would say that I learned mostly from the women of my family and reading a lot of baking books.

BamsBBQ
04-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Have fun Derek. I've never taken any kind of cooking or baking classes...just in my mama's kitchen.

same here and in grandma's kitchen as well

luvs
06-25-2009, 04:10 PM
i just took pastries at school. i loved giving the food away! (i'm not really a dessert person).
Chef was great & while some stuff, like delicate doughs for crossiant, gave me an edgy stomach, i liked the class. practicals were okay. easiest ones yet (they're a test of your skill with baking/pastry).
tomorrow's my last day of pastries.