Going to take introductory to baking this fall.

Derek

Banned
As the title states,

I'm going to be taking Bakery class this fall and I was wondering if anyone has done it?

Since I know the very basics and I find playing with dough is fun, I thought to self that it would be a cool idea?​
Well How many of you took any sort of bakery class?​
I remember in high school all my homec <sp> classes were straight A's, That's the only class I had a's in LOL​

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Have fun Derek. I've never taken any kind of cooking or baking classes...just in my mama's kitchen.

Derek

Banned
Have fun Derek. I've never taken any kind of cooking or baking classes...just in my mama's kitchen.
Thanks Mama, I hope I will, I hope I get to wear that cool pastry hat as well. I like to learn a lot more then just making bread & pizza , Although they're fun to make.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have taken different cooking and baking classes for fun at a local cooking school, especially when they have visiting pastry chefs that I enjoy! It is a lot of fun and gave me an opportunity to ask questions.

However, I would say that I learned mostly from the women of my family and reading a lot of baking books.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i just took pastries at school. i loved giving the food away! (i'm not really a dessert person).
Chef was great & while some stuff, like delicate doughs for crossiant, gave me an edgy stomach, i liked the class. practicals were okay. easiest ones yet (they're a test of your skill with baking/pastry).
tomorrow's my last day of pastries.

Last edited: