wings plain?

Derek

Banned
If you ran out of your home made bbq sauce and it takes about 4 hours to make & cook, Could I basically make a quick white sauce and pour them over the wings? Or do we have some wing police that will tell me different?

lilylove

You're cooking ... You're eating... do what ya want! It's art rules are meant to be broken and improved!

Derek

Banned
You're cooking ... You're eating... do what ya want! It's art rules are meant to be broken and improved!
Well because I've asked a bbq question on the other forum and I got my arse handed to me on a silver platter but I'm still friends witht he people over there though, That's why I was asking here.

lilylove

I like to

saute some onions and garlic in olive oil
add about 1/2 cup catsup
about 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
about 1 tablespoon mustard
a few drops of water
a few splashes of Worsesershirs sauce
and some crushed red pepper...

mix it all up...heat and serve. I play around with it a lot. Adding more and less of all of the above each time until I get it right (for whatever taste I'm in the mood for)

takes 30 minutes at the most

Derek

Banned
I like to

saute some onions and garlic in olive oil
add about 1/2 cup catsup
about 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
about 1 tablespoon mustard
a few drops of water
a few splashes of Worsesershirs sauce
and some crushed red pepper...

mix it all up...heat and serve. I play around with it a lot. Adding more and less of all of the above each time until I get it right (for whatever taste I'm in the mood for)

takes 30 minutes at the most
Oh nice, but how much is a few drops of water? and a few splashes of woo sauce?

lilylove

Water... I'd say less than a tablespoon to start

W. sauce... I like it so I'd start with a tablespoon and go up from there!

Derek

Banned
Water... I'd say less than a tablespoon to start

W. sauce... I like it so I'd start with a tablespoon and go up from there!
Thanks Trish, I'll try it and let you know.

I do have a question though? Why katchup? what about home made tomato sauce?

lilylove

I'm sure you could try homemade tomato sauce! I just never have. Ketchup does tend to be sweeter so you may need to add more sugar, if you like a sweet sauce.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
That would be cool if the white sauce had a Ranch or Blue Cheese undertone to it, and the wings were rolled in hot spices first.... kinda a reverse buffalo wing, LOL!

Derek

Banned
That would be cool if the white sauce had a Ranch or Blue Cheese undertone to it, and the wings were rolled in hot spices first.... kinda a reverse buffalo wing, LOL!
Nice, I'll try that next time.

However I've tried Trish's first and I'll have a photo in about 3 minutes.

Derek

Banned
Ok here's the wings.

Before I added the bbq sauce I've seasoned them with Chinese 5 spice & poultry spice & a little serrentos spice.

I'm sorry that the picture is so bad, my lighting sucks in my apartment.

498826365_R4FLm-L.jpg

lilylove

What changes did you make to the recipe and how did it taste??

I don't think the photo is bad! looks tasty!

Derek

Banned
What changes did you make to the recipe and how did it taste??

I don't think the photo is bad! looks tasty!
Instead o normal onions I used shallots, I've added cayenne spice, I minced my garlic & onions.

It's got a pretty weird but good taste too it.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Looks good to me, and it is a nice pic!

Amazing since you used trish's recipe! (come on, report me, you know ya wanna!!)

:yum::yum:

lilylove

Weird... ? Did you burn the garlic? I've fed it too a lot of people and never had it explained as weird before.

Derek

Banned
Weird... ? Did you burn the garlic? I've fed it too a lot of people and never had it explained as weird before.
No too much poultry seasoning and the garlic didn't burn.

Here's another pic!

498832955_avEaW-L.jpg

The burned edges make it taste really nice for some reason and next time I'm going to only use a half table spoon of mustard.