jumping around

babe

why does the page i am on jump from bottom to almost any post.? then jump around and i have to scroll to find last post i read. it is really annoying. what can i do to make it stop

babe:confused::confused::confused:

chowhound

From what I have gathered, you can't make it stop.
It has something to do with the way the forum owner has the cookies set up to track us. It doesn't always remember the last post we read and take you to the first new one. Mine bounces around all the time, I asked, and this is what I was told.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree there is some jumping around, but depending on what you click to get there can make a difference.
The little arrow to the left of the post subject will take you to the first new post since you last read the thread or last visited the site. If you click on the little arrow to the right of the last posters name it will take you to the last post in the thread. I see lots of jumping around here, and if you start to page up to see previous posts to the last one before the page has completed loading then you will see lots of jumping because as it finishes it will take you where it thought you wanted to go ....the last post of the thread.
Hope that helps some of you. If you are not sure about the arrows I spoke of hover your mouse over them and a mini description will show up to assist you.

below are pics of the 'arrows' I spoke of. The 'firstnew' one looks more like a check mark to me, and the 'lastpost' one looks like a greater than sign.

Attachments

• firstnew.gif
    firstnew.gif
    561 bytes · Views: 17
  • lastpost.gif
    lastpost.gif
    964 bytes · Views: 17

Calicolady

I didn't understand the arrow thing, Doc. And this is what's below your description:
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php

But I'm not having any problems here. (Knock on wood)

Calicolady

BAD, BAD! Don't even think about it, Mav.

Didn't you ever hear the poem about the Sting of the Scorpion?
I'm a scorpio! Watch it!