can someone show me how?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
He pasted the link to the thread in the post, then right clicked on it with the mouse and
re-named' it so it just says thread.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Or, you can highlight the word that you want to be a link, in this case "thread", click on the little icon that looks like a globe with a chain link and put in the address you want to link to.

FryBoy

It's simple if you know how.

1. Copy the link -- go to the page you want to link to, highlight the address in the box at the top of the page, and press CTRL+C at the same time to copy it.

2. Switch to Net Cooking Talk and open a message or reply box.

3. Type in the word or phrase ("thread" in your example) you want hyperlinked to the other page, then select those words by holding down the shift key and mousing over them -- or by double clicking on the word.

4. Click on the symbol that looks like a blue globe with a link of chain in front of it -- it's above the box in which you are writing your post.

5. Paste the link you copied in step 1 into the box that opens -- press CTRL+V to paste -- then click "OK."

6. Finish your message and post it as usual. You may want to test the link first by clicking on the "Go Advanced" button under the message or reply composition box, then click on the link in the preview window -- if it's correct, your link should open in a new window or tab.

HTH.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Yeah what Doug said. If you still have trouble. PM me and I can arrange a live demonstration.

Andy C

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Funny Fred!! Wouldn't mind seeing that myself!

Now I am beginning to wonder, I can't seem to do the name change myself anymore, I did it more than once in the past, and many times it actually took the title of the thread I was linking and automatically made that the title of the link.
Now it is not doing that? Is this maybe a feature that was in my Firefox browser but is now gone after the last update (two days ago I think)?