BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 lb. (900 g) Yukon gold potatoes (about 6), thinly sliced
3/4 cup Old Cheddar Shredded Cheese
6 Tbsp. sour cream

cook bacon in large cast iron pan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, reserving 3 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels. Add onions to skillet; cook and stir 5 min. Stir in potatoes; cover. Cook on medium-low heat 20 to 25 min. or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.

top with cheese and bacon; cook, covered, 1 to 2 min. or until cheese is melted.

serve topped with sour cream.

Substitute
Prepare as directed, topping with your favourite flavour of Cream Cheese Dip instead of the sour cream.

Ol-blue

I saw this recipe in my newest Food & Family magazine. I tried a couple recipes out of it that were great and I will post later for everyone.

I wanted to try these potatoes. Did you try them?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have never heard of that magazine.. they serve a dish similar to this at a restaurant around us... this is my version of theirs..lol

I saw this recipe in my newest Food & Family magazine. I tried a couple recipes out of it that were great and I will post later for everyone.

I wanted to try these potatoes. Did you try them?

lilylove

I just got mine yesterday ol-blue...doesn't that cheese cake on the front look good and easy to make too!

It's a good book to look through...but I find that most of the recipes you have to "improve" a little bit.

Ol-blue

That cheese cake is on my list to try. I agree with you about having to improve on the recipes. I changed up the recipes I just tried.