about my sausage recipes - please read

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have and am going to continue to post different sausage recipes. alot of them are family recipes and some are ones that i have used and like.i like to make my own because there are no preservatives,no fillers and you can control your fat content.

most of my recipes can be made without stuffing into a casing, they can be made into patties or used in bulk form

when a recipe calls for you to grind the meat, you can substitute it with ground meat you have bought at the store.

for example when a recipe calls for:

pork shoulder or butt = just use pre-ground pork
chicken thighs,legs or breasts = just use ground chicken
the same with turkey or duck

if you have any questions or want a new favorite sausage recipe, if i have it, i will share with you

thanks

lilylove

Jeff you're pretty dang cool!

Is venison sausage on your list? Haven't had time to go through all of them yet :)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Jeff you're pretty dang cool!

Is venison sausage on your list? Haven't had time to go through all of them yet :)

awww thanks lily:blush: you know how to make a 6'1 240lb guy blush..lol

as for venison sausages, nope i havent posted any of those yet... going though my many hundreds of sausage recipes right now..lol

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
What I like best is that you are teaching me about sausages and are tempting me to get the kitchenaid attachment--and that these recipes are tried and true. That is the best part as far as I am concerned.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
What I like best is that you are teaching me about sausages and are tempting me to get the kitchenaid attachment--and that these recipes are tried and true. That is the best part as far as I am concerned.

when we make sausage in the fall, we use to do it at my grandfathers(rip) with his old hand grinder and hand stuffer... then we went to a kitchenaid for grinding small batches of sausage

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
most of my recipes can be made without stuffing into a casing, they can be made into patties or used in bulk form

Thanks Jeff. The recipes look excellent. I foresee some breakfast sausage patties in my near future.... :thumb: ....

....with bacon salt. There is only one source here and I'm going there today.

jkath

Around here, there's only one butcher shop where I can buy them where I know for sure what's in them (can't have some ingreds).
But, I'd like to start making different kinds - like using some of the herbs/peppers I grow. Wonder if I can use my lemons....maybe a lemon chicken sausage?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Around here, there's only one butcher shop where I can buy them where I know for sure what's in them (can't have some ingreds).
But, I'd like to start making different kinds - like using some of the herbs/peppers I grow. Wonder if I can use my lemons....maybe a lemon chicken sausage?

hey anything is possible..lol

how about something like this
17223.jpg

ngredients (serves 4)
  • 650g chicken mince
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 lemon, rind finely grated
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
  • 4 long torpedo bread rolls
  • olive oil cooking spray
  • 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
  • 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
  • 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
  • oven fries, to serve
Method

1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Combine mince, green onions, lemon rind, garlic and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Divide mince mixture into 4 portions. Using clean hands, shape each portion into a 20cm-long sausage. Warm bread rolls in the oven.
  2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray sausages lightly with oil. Cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
  3. Split warm bread rolls in half lengthways, leaving attached at 1 long edge. Spread 1 cut side of rolls with pesto and the other cut side with mayonnaise. Place rocket on roll bases. Top with sausage. Press top to secure. Serve sausage burgers with fries.
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/17223/chicken+sausage+burgers