Wed 03/11/09 What's 4 Dinner 2-nite

lilylove

I'm boiling up a beef heart. I know... most of you have already left the building. But, it's good!! Really good!!!! (not as good as lamb!)

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Beef heart????? Wow.... you just boil it up and eat it like that?

Anywho.... I'm not sure what I'm having yet, but I have some fennel that I want to bake up. That is about all I know for now!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
It's already packed and in the fridge--

Lightlife Smart Deli "ham", with swiss, shredded cabbage and honey french dressing on oat bread-- an orange and a tiny container of Breakstone's cottage cheese.

Brown baggin' it for work.

lilylove

Beef heart????? Wow.... you just boil it up and eat it like that?

Anywho.... I'm not sure what I'm having yet, but I have some fennel that I want to bake up. That is about all I know for now!

Yep, boil it in a combo of beef broth and water with onions, celery, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper! Cook, slice, eat! lick lips!

chowhound

You're one of those people that put a tin cup into the deer cavity to collect the blood, aren't you, Trish? ;^)

Breakstone cottage cheese is all I buy Sass. But if we're talking sour cream, gotta be Heluva Good. That stuff holds its consistency much longer than Breakstone.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Yep, boil it in a combo of beef broth and water with onions, celery, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper! Cook, slice, eat! lick lips!

I don't know that I would ever purchase a beef heart and cook it, but I'm always one to try just about anything once before passing my judgement. It sounds like it would be good Trish.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today so I think it's going to be Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Wings:

grilled-teriyaki-wings.jpg

along with some loaded twice baked potatoes:

twicebakedpotato.jpg

with some corn on the cob and creamed spinach:

creamed-spinach.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Well first of all i'm going by Mama's for some of them chicken wings and creamed spinach. :lol::lol: And then for desert i'll be going over to lily's to enjoy a little beef heart with her and sadie. :lol::lol:

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

chowhound

Hey, I've made grilled teriyaki wings :chef:
I'll have to go see how your recipe compares, Mama. Those look fantastic.

Attachments

• teriyakiwings.jpg
    teriyakiwings.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 324

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Hey, I've made grilled teriyaki wings :chef:
I'll have to go see how your recipe compares, Mama. Those look fantastic.

Yours look good too Fred. Have you posted the recipe? It would be interesting to see how they compare.

chowhound

Found it. The recipe I have is one bottle teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup honey and 1/4c brown sugar. I'm gonna give yours a whirl one of these nights, Mama.
ETA: the recipe came from another forum and from a member who shall remain nameless, but that's the gist of it. I baked mine in a dish (on the grill) and then them put them on the grate to give them some color. No overnight marinating.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I like to marinate them overnight so the flavor goes deep into the wings.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Business dinner tonight with other owners who will be in town through Friday. It is restaurant time which I really don't like doing but then they fly in from Utah and love to eat out. This will also explain why I might not be around much till Friday as they fly out Thursday Night on the red eye.

chowhound

I like to marinate them overnight so the flavor goes deep into the wings.

Yeah, I've got another recipe for thighs that calls for a few hours in a marinade. the flavor does get pulled in. These wings (the recipe I've used) call for baking them in the sauce, which infuses more flavor than simply brushing them. Plus no flare ups while the bulk of their cooking time is done. You can set them on the grill and forget about them for an hour or so.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Actually, I got a very nice strip steak that I need to cook up. Nicely marbled.... I think a good pan sear and a trip to the oven will do the trick! Then some roasted fennel and red taters. Hot damn!