03/10/09 Dinner Plans

chowhound

I've got a few rolls to use up, so I think I'm going to grill some brats and potato wedges. The brats should look pretty much like these.

Attachments

• Italian brats.jpg
    Italian brats.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 153

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
very tasty looking...

ever try throwing your brats into the smoker? my favorite way to eat a brat now, i use cherry wood or oak and gives the brats an all new different flavor

I've got a few rolls to use up, so I think I'm going to grill some brats and potato wedges. The brats should look pretty much like these.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Leftover turkey meat loaf and smashed redskins. Probably a bowl of beef barley soup from Sunday as well.

lilylove

Oven fried chicken
and
leftover mashed potatoes and gravy from last night.
Either a salad or fresh veggie to go with.

chowhound

Thanks, and no, not yet. My neighbor brought over some extra venison sausage (rope) he wanted me to try smoking, but I keep forgetting to thaw it when I fire up the WSM, which isn't done much in winter... Do you have a rough time frame, Jeff? I was thinking about the same time it takes for ABTs.

very tasty looking...

ever try throwing your brats into the smoker? my favorite way to eat a brat now, i use cherry wood or oak and gives the brats an all new different flavor

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yah about the same time, i just stick my digital meat thermometer in it to make sure, take it out at about 150ish, residual heat will take it up that last couple of degrees

bad picture but this is what it come out like

6pf3hwj.jpg

Thanks, and no, not yet. My neighbor brought over some extra venison sausage (rope) he wanted me to try smoking, but I keep forgetting to thaw it when I fire up the WSM, which isn't done much in winter... Do you have a rough time frame, Jeff? I was thinking about the same time it takes for ABTs.

suziquzie

I need some inspiration today!
It's snowing.... thick wet heavy stuff. Can't go get anything.
Cleaned the whole house and now I'm beat.
Pork chops n gravy maybe?

buckytom

Grill Master
not sure yet. dw is going to a seminar about finding out who you were in a past life, so the boy and i will kill and eat something.

lol, i told her when the speaker in charge of the seminar starts to tell everyone who they were, like cleopatra, or george washington, or ghengis kahn, ask them why everyone was someone famous? why was no one was just a regular guy? someone had to be "schlomo, the cart boy". or ethel, the crazy cat lady who lived down the block from abe lincoln.

oh, and i told her i know who napolean is....

Derek

Banned
Mrs.Bam is cooking tonight.. tatertot hotdish

pics and recipe to follow later
Want some awesome Mexican style tots?

Get mesa flour, French fryer, Cheese.

Ingredients

Mesa Flour, Your choice cheese that melts well.

Take the flour and kneed it into a dough about the size of head of letace or a bit smaller,

Take about 1 inch balls from the master dough dip it in the cheese and and roll it around it until you have the cheese sticking on to the tot, Put in fry bin, put fry bin into fryer and fry until they float.

Eat.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Mrs.Bam's tatertot hotdish

in the works
2sb0qpi.jpg

going into the oven

2sbprls.jpg

out of the oven(topped with cheddar cheese)

2ns0umx.jpg

on the plate

2e3wsia.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
DW is now sick, so I took over the kitchen once again, LOL. For her I made seafood sandwiches. Earlier I had mixed imitation lobster meat, blue crab claw meat, onions, yellow pepper, salt, pepper, and some garlic in the food processor. Once it was all diced down good, I dumped into Tupperware containers, mixed in salad dressing to wet it down, then covered and put in the fridge.
I toasted some hoagies with butter and garlic, then put the seafood mixture on it. Topped with sliced tomatoes, romane lettuce, and provolone cheese. Cut in half, tooth pick thru each half to hold it together.
Made a mix of red and green seedless grapes, apples, and bananas all diced up to be the same size as the grapes. Took 2tbsps of Ruzzo with 1tbsp sugar and mixed well, poured over the fruit mix, covered and shaked to coat well.
Served it all up on a place nice and neat and had Katie take it up to her. I was very pleased with myself... even more so when five minutes later she yells down that while she appreciates the food she thought she had made it clear we had no money to order out.... or was that a dig? LOL. Either was she said it was great and even chowed it all down despite being sick.
Me and the kids made some simple homemade pizzas and BBQ chicken wings to go with our pop, LOL.