How Many Here Like To Cook-Out and What Do You Like to Cook?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
yesterday evening we had a cook-out and we cooked some hamburgers, weiners and newyork strip steaks.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ribs and chicken are my two favorite things on the grill.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Steak is the best for me, followed by wings and pork chops. Some of Bams stuff would be great as well. I would also like to try ABTs and a fattie.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the kitchen is just a place i prepare food when i cant cook outside..lol

i can cook anything outside that can be cooked inside..

Calicolady

Aside from the requisite meat & fish fare, I love bacon & eggs from the grill. But the best coffee I've ever had was cooked outdoors. Maybe the chill in the air was what made it that much better too. Or the fresh, and icy spring water.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Never was much on hamburgers but do like steaks, brats, hot dogs on the grill. Smoker could be brisket, pork butt, ribs or a turkey for friends when visiting.

chowhound

I like to cook out, although lately I'm down to 3-4 times/week. The usual grill or BBQ food; steaks, burgers, dogs, brats, pork chops, chickens whole or in pieces, potatoes.... smoked pork butts, ABTs.... stuff. No real one favorite. Geez, almost forgot ribs.

Wart

Banned
The small steak and burger grill. Used it last week.

Tonight was chicken leg quarters on the big grill.

Attachments

• sportsman_grill_coals.jpg
    sportsman_grill_coals.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 142

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Man you kidding!! Steaks, burgers, brats, wings, hot dogs, chicken, fish and polish sausages. And anything else I might be able to get on the grill, LOL! Oh yea, veggies and potatoes too! Especially sweet corn.
We like to take potatoes and cut em into strips kinda like real thick french fries. Then toss into some foil with butter, onions, salt, and pepper. Wrap up the foil around it and throw on the grill.

FryBoy

Beef Steaks
Lamb Chops
Butterfield Leg of Lamb
Pork Chops
Pork Tenderloin
Hamburgers
Shrimp
Salmon
Halibut
Chicken
Vegetables (corn, asparagus, potatoes, onions, green, red or yellow peppers, eggplant)

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
we grill al ot of stuff. with a 5 year old, there's the ubiquitous burgers and dogs. sometimes, the burgers are turkey or buffalo. the dogs are always chicken, beef, and turkey combos. low in fat, salt, and flavor, lol. (my wife's idea of a hot dog).

most often, we grill chicken thighs and legs, bone-in split breasts, all of which are marinated before or bbq sauced afterwards.

but i also like to do a wet rubbed london broil, or filet mignon.

or hawaiian fish kebabs (folded fish strips, pineapple, peppers, onions, basted with teryaki), pork and garden veggie kebabs (pork cubes with tomatoes, onions, peppers, beer soaked mushrooms), and herb shrimp skewers.

sometimes, i just toss the shrimp in a grill wok, usually with sweet onions.

for dessert, there's grilled peaches, or pineapple slices.

oh, i can't forget portabello caps that have been marinated in italian dressing, grilled, then fontina chese is melted into the gills. yum.

bowlingshirt

hm...I think some of my favs are

Pork tenderloin kabobs
Smoked ribs
Streaks
Marinated chicken breasts
Potatoes
Brats
Burgers
Asparagus
Garlic bread

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I love it! And usually when I cook out, I like for my whole meal to be on the grill. I usually cook steaks and such. I have not found my knack for cooking chicken on the grill, I tend to burn it. I do like grilled veggies, grilled romaine, corn on the cob, squash, whatever will work.

But we are under a burn ban... to dry, to windy, so no grilling here till we get some decent rain fall! Where is GK???? I need her to do her rain dance!!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I have not found my knack for cooking chicken on the grill, I tend to burn it.

turn your flame down a bit, cook the chicken on the opposite side of your flame.

what i use to do. cook the chicken in a pan for a bit until some of the fat gets cooked off, place on grill when chicken is half way done to get grill flavor

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’m with BAM, there’s almost nothing I can’t cook outdoors. It would be easier to say what DON’T you cook outdoors! :yum:

If I had to pick favorites, it would be:

----Smoker
Pork Spare Ribs
Boston Butt
Beef Spare Ribs
Beer Can Chicken/Cornish Hen

----Grill
Half Chicken
Spatchcock Cornish Hen
Grilled Meatloaf
Steaks
Baby Back Ribs
Foiled Potatoes and Onion
Shrimp

----DO
Smoked Sausage with Veggies
Meatloaf
Chili
Picnic Ham
Beef Stew

chowhound

I cook the chicken indirect with the lid down, right around 350 according to the lid ga. Then when I want to add some sauce or extra color I'll put a low flame underneath it, or if you use charcoal, move it over the coals, but I don't really know how hot that is. You might need to raise it up? Just think beer can chicken. That's cooked indirect and look how nice that colors up.

heb1976

Steak for sure ... brats, hotdogs, London Broil, BBQ chicken, burgers! Man I would die for a steak on the grill. Hmmm ... 57 degrees outside & payday ... might be running to the store today!

PanchoHambre

I love to cook out but I have no patience for it in winter...Looking forward to summer to get grilling again.

Pretty much Like to cook anything on the grill it is my favorite way to cook... when it is pleasant out... I am definitely a fair weather griller...

Phil

Any thing that is an excuse to use wood with coals. Rib-eye, burgers, sausage, fish, brats, chicken. Nothing like smoked flavor. #%^ I'm glad spring is here.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I will be on my grille tomorrow afternoon, my sister in law, her husband, daughter and grand son will be here for a cookout. I will be grilling some rib eyes up but haven't decided on the rest of the menu yet.