Does Anyone Remember.....

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Space food sticks? My mom used to buy them for my brother and I. Of course, very popular during the Apollo era along with Tang, lol
I remember they were maybe 4 inches long and they tasted kind of chalky but we ate them just the same because mom said "if it's good enough for the astronauts, it's good enough for you!". Yes mother....

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Nope! But when we go to the Museum of Science and Industry we buy the space ice cream packets. Kids get a kick out of em!

chowhound

Yep. I had them. Pretty flavorless. The chocolate didn't taste like chocolate, so I liked the other flavor better, but I can't remember what that was.... They came in wrappers like Slim Jims, only foil.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
The space ice cream we get is Neapolitan. It isn't bad if you just let it melt in your mouth some before chewing...

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Yep. I had them. Pretty flavorless. The chocolate didn't taste like chocolate, so I liked the other flavor better, but I can't remember what that was.... They came in wrappers like Slim Jims, only foil.

Yes, that's it! I remember the chocolate, peanut butter and I think there was a caramel or butterscotch - something like that :wink:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I wonder if there is a 'throwback' novelty store that might carry them or a modern version of them still? I should go bug Google, LOL.

buckytom

Grill Master
we drank tang until we turned orange. never had the space sticks, though.

i was going through some old stuff recently, and found an original tang pitcher. it had the logo on it, and a line inside to show how much tang powder to put in, and how much water.

i wonder how many little boys tried to pee into the vacuum cleaner, stuck in the side of an applaince box after that.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Don't remember those. That commercial, omg, lol, we've come a little ways, haven't we? Did you see those close and hair?????????????LOL

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
One of my older brothers was really into space and has autographed photos of the astronauts from the 1960s. We had to have tang, the space food sticks and eventually the space ice cream that went on sale. Some of this stuff I believe is still available for sale.