PINTO BEANS TONIGHT

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I am more of the Juliet Childs Cook. Like in the 10 second rule.
(If it hits the floor, you have 10 seconds to pick it up and it will still be good-DON'T TOSS IT!).
Lets get to work.
1. 6 qt Covered Pot.
2. 1 lb or so Pinto Beans.
3. Large Yellow Onion
4. Green Pepper
5. 1 lb Ground Round.
6. 1 lb Left over Beef Roast Or Steak.
7. 4 Hamhocks.
Throw the Dry Beans into the pot, cover with Water about 2" over the beans. Dice Onion/Green Pepper(Chili Peppers work just fine). Throw in Pot. Brown Up Ground Round, Drain off Grease(Colander)Throw in Pot. Shred the Roast or Steak, Put in Pot.
Toss in them 4 ham Hocks. Put on Lid and boil for an Hour.
I don't get it, why people have to soak them beans all night & Throw away that great tasting broth from the beans. I don't.
After a Hour or 2, Look inside the pot, give it a stir. Add a palm full of salt and Pepper. (I didn't say handful now did I?) Heck Salt & Pepper to your taste!
Bring to a Boil. Let boil for 5-10 Minutes. Turn heat on Low.
When beans are soft. Your ready for some Real Good Home Kicking Comfort Food! Opps Don't forget to have diced onions/green Peppers & Shredded Cheese to put on top. I actually like them salad Peppers mixed in. To each their own. Other options-Tobasco and Garlic. Dang I am hungry Now!:clap:

Ralphanator

With Pinto Beans you should always pour out onto a cutting board and sort threw them to check for very small rocks! They are normally very clean but ever once in a while you'll find a rock!

BTW your recipe sound great!

lilylove

I found a rock in some lentils once. So far none in beans tough.

Yep! Recipe does sound gooooood!