The Making of Bam's Tropical Fire Sauce

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok since i have a new name for my first sauce, and i am just about out of it.. i have decided that i really needed to make more..lol

i will continue the post as time goes on..

some nice peppers getting ready to be made into sauce
jrsbqg.jpg

me cutting people..haha its a typo but it sounded funny..lol(way too many hot pepper fumes..:dizzy:)

2j0flnn.jpg

peppers all cut up and ready to be put in blender

20g16h2.jpg

lots of seeds taken out and its still freakin hot
mah56u.jpg

now aging in a big pickled egg jar(picture taken while salt being added to top of peppers)

2nqdv2d.jpg

made a quick hot sauce from the remnants of the blender

apple cider vinegar
lime juice
dried raspberry flavored cranberries

cooked it down a little in a pan.
this sauce was potennnnnnnnnnnnnt.... its heat lasts a long time... with a few other ingredients i think i have a specialty sauce in the works..lol

to be continued next sunday

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
just bottled some sauce, now its time for it to age. samples to go out very shortly..please be patient..lol

this sauce has some fire but its still young yet. i will give it a couple of weeks, but it already tastes really good.

2jz8d1.jpg

in mason/jelly jars to age

2qxm64h.jpg

e9t6ht.jpg

Derek

Banned
Hey bro, You use gloves? You pansy hehe.

After my jalapeno hot sauce instance every time I mess with a hot sauce, pepper, I make sure I wash my hands vicariously

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Hey bro, You use gloves? You pansy hehe.

After my jalapeno hot sauce instance every time I mess with a hot sauce, pepper, I make sure I wash my hands vicariously

jalapeno's i dont where gloves.

after cutting these up with gloves on, my hands where burning:shock:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I always ware rubber gloves with hot peppers. I have found it almost impossible to get the heat off your fingers with soap and water. Nothing hurts worse than forgetting and rubbing my eye with a hot finger and being blind for a while. My wife doesn't care much for me touching her either with pepper on my fingers. :dizzy:

Derek

Banned
I always ware rubber gloves with hot peppers. I have found it almost impossible to get the heat off your fingers with soap and water. Nothing hurts worse than forgetting and rubbing my eye with a hot finger and being blind for a while. My wife doesn't care much for me touching her either with pepper on my fingers. :dizzy:
Joe, I know that feeling all too well.

I'm just glad it wasn't a hab sauce that got in my eye!

PanchoHambre

Cool pics BAM

I dont think I ever get hot enough peppers as I have never felt the need for gloves

I need to get me some better source for peppers!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

these peppers were very strong, even with gloves, i found it hard to get the burn off of my hands.

Joe, I know that feeling all too well.

I'm just glad it wasn't a hab sauce that got in my eye!

this is a hab/scotch bonnet sauce, its hot...lol

Cool pics BAM

I dont think I ever get hot enough peppers as I have never felt the need for gloves

I need to get me some better source for peppers!

right now the hot peppers are hard to find up in the north country..lol

i just happened on these ones when visiting a grocery store and the produce guy was just putting them out. i went back the next day to get more and they were all gone

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I use the surgical gloves when I do them without powder and even handling Bhut Jolokia chili peppers haven't had a problem. I also use them for my home grown jalapeños but some store bought aren't as hot, perhaps it is they grow close to my habaneros and Bhut Jolokia. We grew some hot chili pepper in Texas years ago putting a pepper plant between each tomato plant and the peppers where mild but not the tomatoes go figure.