whats for dinner sunday march 1st

Love2"Q"

First off .. i love sunday .. its the big eating day here ..
lots of food for sunday night dinner is expected by the kids ..
and today is my sons birthday party ..
we are keeping it small this year not .. thank jeebus ..
so .. hot dogs and hamburgers .. kabobs with a little bit
of everything .. mac and cheese .. baked beans ..
south western chicken salad .. a fatty or two ...
bratwurst for my dad ..
and hopefully the rain stops and i can get the fryer out
and fry up some fish ....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
What a great Mom you are. I have no clue what's for dinner till i go to the store.

chowhound

That got a laugh out of me, Q.

I'm hoping my cornish hen thaws in time for dinner. If it does, I'm going to spatchcock it and make a RR recipe I saw the other day. Chicken under a brick or something like that. You rub it with dijon mustard and red pepper flakes, set it in a pan, set a smaller pan on top of it and weigh it down.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
i suppose i would be if i wasnt a male ...:shock:

OOPS! Just a wee bit-o-egg on this face!:blush: How 'bout Mr. Mom?

Some of these screen names are NOT very gender obvious. Probably won't be the last time I do that.:lol:

Constance

We're having a boneless ribeye roast, some sort of potato and a green thing...I haven't decided what yet.

Lefty

Yank
I'm making a chicken in wine sauce over angel hair pasta topped with Parmesan, tossed salad glass of wine.

I'm not sure which veggies I will use in this dish until I go shopping and see whats good. Usually it peppers, onions, garlic, shrooms... sometimes broccoli or asparagus. It is one of my own creations.

Derek

Banned
Today for lunch & dinner, SEMI HOMEMADE CHILLY

Only reason it's semi home made chilly, I was too lazy to make the chilly it self from scratch so I've purchased "Its a darn good chilly mix"

And here is the end result.

482893992_v95dU-S.jpg

&

482893973_LkR7q-S.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.got a pork loin out for today.........gonna try my first shot at chicken Merlot tomorrow................(Me bein' a hard-core tequila guy, you should'a seen the look I got from my regular clerk when I asked him to direct me to the Merlot....)

GotGarlic

I'm making braised chicken with a creamy herb sauce and green beans. Have a loaf of roasted garlic-potato bread in the oven. Maybe baked apples for dessert. It's cold and rainy - need something warm and rib-sticking.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I put a beef joint in the slowcooker & made a pot roast with potatoes & carrots. I have taken all the juices & braising liquor as a soup for my son at schoo next week.

babe

something with chicken wings, hate to fire up the oven is very warm here today. 77 degrees right now. rice of some sort and a veg or two.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I cleaned out some stuff from the fridge and freezer, and turned it into supper. 1/2# hot Italian sausage, onions, carrots, garlic, roasted red pepper, baby redskin potatoes, bottled spaghetti sauce, 1 cup of water and some medium shells pasta. After the pasta and potatoes were done I covered it with fresh grated parmesan (just because I had it, not because I'm a cheese snob). Buttered a couple slices of Italian bread from the freezer, mixed up a Rum-n-Coke and I'm a happy camper.

P1010507.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Bagel with light smear of cream cheese and some watered down cranberry juice.

PanchoHambre

was suppossed to be braised veal but got a late start its only coming out of the oven now LOL and I got hungry way earlier so I ate some of Mama's chicken cold with pickles and chips... still good.

buckytom

Grill Master
carpe diet!

today was just one of those days that i should have stayed in bed.

i did manage to go out to a hot dog joint and pick up 2 "all they way" (2 griddled hot dogs, with onions, mustard, and texas weiner sauce), fries, and a cheeseboigah for my boy.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We made Ruebens and the kids had cheeseburgers. Then while they were at church club DW and I snuck off to The Brown Cow.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We made Ruebens and the kids had cheeseburgers. Then while they were at church club DW and I snuck off to The Brown Cow.
Ah-ha! You're one of those parents who uses the church people as their baby sitter then goes for a peaceful meal alone. I was a religion teacher for 8 years and always envied you folks on Sunday morning. LOL