Saturday Dinner - last day of February

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
What are you making tonight?? Yes, it's early to make this decision...but I shop early!

First course tonight is pappardelle with beef and mushroom ragout, topped with a lemon gremolata

Dinner is chicken breast stuffed with honeyed goat cheese, dried cranberries and pancetta with a sherry demi glaze. That will be served with a melange of roasted beets and sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus spears.

Don't know if I'm making bread or buying bread yet.

Dessert is individual sponge cakes with homemade vanilla ice cream topped with sauteed strawberries and a champagne sauce.

The local vintner (Lou) hasn't made the wine selection yet.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm hoping that dw is too busy to cook, so i'm gonna offer to bring home either sushi or italian.

if not, i never made the chicken wings this week, so i may make those tonight. i made them as healthy as you could possibly make a buffalo wing, so i hope dw will eat them.
i broiled the (extra-skin trimmed) wings last night, and then put them on wadded paper towels in a container in the fridge so the fat will drain. tonight, all i have to do is nuke them and add toss them in sauce. serve with carrots, celery, and light blue cheese dressing, of course.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
hey the next time you want to make your missus chicken wings, try this recipe... not quite a chicken wing but a very good substitute

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198

as for dinner, i have no idea...lol

i'm hoping that dw is too busy to cook, so i'm gonna offer to bring home either sushi or italian.

if not, i never made the chicken wings this week, so i may make those tonight. i made them as healthy as you could possibly make a buffalo wing, so i hope dw will eat them.
i broiled the (extra-skin trimmed) wings last night, and then put them on wadded paper towels in a container in the fridge so the fat will drain. tonight, all i have to do is nuke them and add toss them in sauce. serve with carrots, celery, and light blue cheese dressing, of course.

Love2"Q"

well .. was going to fry up some fish ...
but it is supposed to be raining ..
dont think i will drag out the fryer in the rain ...
so i have no idea now ..
yipppeee for me .,..

Y

YT2095

the remains of the Silverside beef that I roasted yesterday for homemade buns, sliced thickly and simmered in a gravy made from the roasting juices, a homegrown onion, mustard powder, black pepper and ruby port.
that`ll be served on/in giant Yorkshire puddings.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Big Al's Wicked Good Clam Chowder + 2 dz freshly steamed large clams added

Ginger steamed red snapper

Some kind of veggie - undecided

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Yea..... gotta fast all day tomorrow for my 'procedure' on Monday. UGH!!!! So I'm living it up tonight!!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
DW is making some sort of stir fry with apples, polish sausage, and veggies... I guess I could call it 'Mystery Stir-fry', LOL.
I need to take back the kitchen soon!!

babe

going to have the basil tomato soup and shrimp salad, i was going to have last night. ended up with frozen dinner spagg. and salad. it has been 80 degrees here today, so the salad will be good. only a little soup left, eaten just to get rid of it. lol

later going to make the micro cup choco cake for dessert

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What are you making tonight?? Yes, it's early to make this decision...but I shop early!

First course tonight is pappardelle with beef and mushroom ragout, topped with a lemon gremolata

Dinner is chicken breast stuffed with honeyed goat cheese, dried cranberries and pancetta with a sherry demi glaze. That will be served with a melange of roasted beets and sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus spears.

Don't know if I'm making bread or buying bread yet.

Dessert is individual sponge cakes with homemade vanilla ice cream topped with sauteed strawberries and a champagne sauce.

The local vintner (Lou) hasn't made the wine selection yet.
I love it when you post your menus for the evening, Vera. I end up googling a lot but it has really expanded my knowledge of foods and cooking terms. The pappardelle - I've never seen this in the grocery store but the pics I found look wonderful. Do you make it yourself?

chowhound

I thawed some spaghetti sauce with sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and green peppers. Served on some angel hair pasta.
I was also in the mood for a sausage sandwich, so I cooked that up with mushrooms, onion and green peppers and a little tomato paste. Served on the heel of toasted Italian bread rubbed with garlic and brushed with EVOO.
And a salad. With catalina dressing and crumbled gorganzola. Oh, and mushrooms, green peppers.....

Attachments

• sausage sandwich and spaghetti.jpg
    sausage sandwich and spaghetti.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 130

homecook

I roasted a chicken that needed to be cooked today. Dh went to Mountaineer and ds has been sick in bed. I'm on my own and don't feel like chicken, so it will be sandwiches for tomorrow. I'll probably just make an omelet or something when I get hungry.

Barb

Angie

I had left over Spanish rice with chicken, sour cream, jack and sharp cheddar cheese. Now I think I'll have a little Jose Cuervo to go with it!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I thawed some spaghetti sauce with sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and green peppers. Served on some angel hair pasta.
I was also in the mood for a sausage sandwich, so I cooked that up with mushrooms, onion and green peppers and a little tomato paste. Served on the heel of toasted Italian bread rubbed with garlic and brushed with EVOO.
And a salad. With catalina dressing and crumbled gorganzola. Oh, and mushrooms, green peppers.....
You always plate things up so pretty, chowhound. I've been trying to remember to take the time to do that because it does make even a simple meal look so enticing.

chowhound

You always plate things up so pretty, chowhound. I've been trying to remember to take the time to do that because it does make even a simple meal look so enticing.

LOL, thanks Terry. I could probably make it look "prettier" if I didn't pile it on :tongue:, but that wouldn't be me...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I love it when you post your menus for the evening, Vera. I end up googling a lot but it has really expanded my knowledge of foods and cooking terms. The pappardelle - I've never seen this in the grocery store but the pics I found look wonderful. Do you make it yourself?

Usually I make it myself. Clemente's has pappardele but I don't always have it planned to go..

I have wine / booze buzz..too many typos to continue. Come over for dessert xoxoxoox

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Usually I make it myself. Clemente's has pappardele but I don't always have it planned to go..

I have wine / booze buzz..too many typos to continue. Come over for dessert xoxoxoox
You can't imagine how desperately I would love to accept your delicious invitation!

GotGarlic

We had leftover chicken from a rotisserie bird DH brought home for dinner Friday, so I made chicken a la king with extra sauteed peppers over mashed potatoes.

chowhound

That chicken is on my to-do list.
I saw a program where they said mashed cauliflower was a good substitute for potatoes. I think I'll give that a try, too.
Nice pics, Pancho.