Dinner for Tuesday, February 24th, 2009.

buckytom

Grill Master
dw is going to the gym, so i'll probably make fish sticks or chicken nuggets for my boy, and chicken wings or sausage and peppers for myself.

whatcha cookin' today?

Lefty

Yank
I have some Canadian Brown bread, some shaved roast beast, and some provolone that is screaming for me to sacrifice it in the sacred Panini pit of fire. After the ritual cooking I plan on serving it with chips slaw and a deli pickle. Maybe wash it down with a gingre ale.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Stir fried beef with onions, peppers over fried brown long grain rice.

PanchoHambre

Well I am going to try to make that stupid enchilada pie that I was going to make last night before the key disaster... the way things are going all bets are off though.

I do need to make it because it is slated as lunch for the week.

Locutus

Having a nice, warm day for this time of year, so I'm going to grill filet mignon, and bake sweet potatoes to serve with steamed broccoli and cream of (portabello) mushroom soup.

Y

YT2095

Natchos and cheese with chili cheese filled meat balls and 4 cheese coleslaw with plenty fresh chilis on the side.
I just got this whole Chili`n`Cheese craving tonight.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Well I am going to try to make that stupid enchilada pie that I was going to make last night before the key disaster... the way things are going all bets are off though.

I do need to make it because it is slated as lunch for the week.

What makes it a "stupid enchilada pie"? I'd like to know your recipe :biggrin:

We're having chicken taquito's with mexican rice

PanchoHambre

What makes it a "stupid enchilada pie"? I'd like to know your recipe :biggrin:

We're having chicken taquito's with mexican rice

stupid in that I have been trying to get around to making the darn thing... and now I have to and I really don't even feel like it. I had grander plans for the ingredients but they got laid to waste and now it's just get this stuff used up time.

I'll see how it comes if it comes good I will post it up i have made them a bunch but never the same way twice. It is a budget dish

lilylove

DO NOT LAUGH!

It's two for one night at the local DOMINOS pizza~ !! And one of the other owners here has offered to buy pizza for EVERYONE. So, were are having PIZZA!

It's really very good...much more tasty than Seattle Dominos. Different cheeses and sauces

Tickle Me Elmo

Just polished off a nice big bowl of New England clam chowder for lunch so plans for the evening meal are at the bottom of the list. Don't have a clue at the moment. Maybe something in this thread will inspire me. Keep posting.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
DO NOT LAUGH!

It's two for one night at the local DOMINOS pizza~ !! And one of the other owners here has offered to buy pizza for EVERYONE. So, were are having PIZZA!

It's really very good...much more tasty than Seattle Dominos. Different cheeses and sauces

Telling someone not to laugh is like telling them not to look down while way up high.... ya just know their gonna do it!!

That having been said.....:yum::yum:

jkath

I have some Canadian Brown bread, some shaved roast beast, and some provolone that is screaming for me to sacrifice it in the sacred Panini pit of fire. After the ritual cooking I plan on serving it with chips slaw and a deli pickle. Maybe wash it down with a gingre ale.

Oh that sounds perfect!!!

I just finished making a tomatillo/cilantro/jalapeno sauce, for my turkey enchiladas I'm making tonight (topped with avocados, of course!) Side dishes will be: beans cooked with more jalapenos, green salad with tomatoes & green onions, tortilla chips, & either pico di gallo or salsa (whichever I decide to make next)

chowhound

I'm going to pan fry a pork chop and make some mushroom and onion gravy to serve over a lot of mashed potatoes with it. (I got my new bag from the grocery store yesterday. Different brand, so should be OK). And also my usual broccoli, semi-steamed then sauted with slivered almonds in EVOO.

Angie

Ol' Blue's BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CHEESE SAUCE...with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Hubby gets most of his teeth pulled in two days so we're eating solid food while we can!

chowhound

mmmm, crispy thin pizza topped with zesty marinara sauce, Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, fontina cheese, spicy ham, salami, parmesan cheese and basil. :thumb:
Maybe that will be tomorrow night's dinner for me :chef:

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 157

Elaine l

I should have taken a picture of the one I made. Cooked it just a wee bit too long. Good thing I like things crispy.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW is headed to Orlando tomorrow morning to go on a Disney Cruise with our middle daughter, so we went to the Lakeshore Eatery and I have beef liver with onions & bacon, a side of hash browns and a cup of French Onion soup. Delicious! I only have liver once or twice a year, so it's a real treat.

homecook

Took my mom to dr.'s appt. and didn't get out til almost 6 pm. We went to Damon's and had artichoke/spinach dip, onion straws, bloody marys, Bud and of course ribs. Yummy!!!!

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
mmmm, crispy thin pizza topped with zesty marinara sauce, Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, fontina cheese, spicy ham, salami, parmesan cheese and basil. :thumb:
Maybe that will be tomorrow night's dinner for me :chef:

Is that a California Pizza Kitchen pizza? The box in the background looks like theirs...