Army charity hoards millions

PanchoHambre

I am not a fan of the war but think the returning soldiers deserve the best treatment possible

it seems par for the course though... the govt has been shafting them left and right

homecook

I was reading this yesterday and was livid!
It doesn't really surprise me though. They've also got that "we'll do what we want" attitude. They're trying to justify it. Amazing!

Barb

Wart

Banned
Noit sure how I feel about this,

This isn't right but it's nothing new.

Call up the Guard, deploy troops and cut dependents benefits? I was upset.

Start two wars (when only one was needed) and close VA centers? Outrageous.

Live in denial about mental problems created by being in combat? What?

Coercing soldiers into donating and then holding onto the funds? Doesn't hardly make the radar.

:sorry:

But it's good to have people made aware of these things.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I agree with you, Wart. We need to take care of our soldiers better than we do. I think it is important to support our troops.

At least today there are better treatments for post traumatic stress disorder. The problem is getting the necessary treatment to the soldiers that need it and to do so quickly. The sooner one starts treatment, the greater the chance for recovery.

Wart

Banned
I think it is important to support our troops.

I'm Anti War Pro Military.

The problem is getting the necessary treatment to the soldiers that need it and to do so quickly.

No.

The problem is the Military not admitting PTSD is a condition and the Military putting it in youngsters heads that PTSD is, in short, an unmanly weakness.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Man. You'd think we'd be past all this war stuff by now. So long as the fools are led by the ruthless then nothing will ever change...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well as someone who has seen the Veterans Administration up close with my Father, father in law both WWII, 2 of my sons Desert Storm, my best friend as well as several others I've meet through the years mostly Viet Nam and Korean, so it doesn't surprise me their is money held back from a charity run by the military or US Government.

I wasn't directly in the military but did a bit over a year in Viet Nam '66 through '67 in a civilian capacity. I did see combat in though I wasn't under the military directly so never got any military benefits not that I need them now, though I was under US government control. I also did some free lance work for a few years for the US Government later in life as well as for private corporations which pays much better. Though I have a grandson in the service now serving in Iraq if I had a say he wouldn't be. It started going bad with Nixon and has gotten worse with each new group in power.

My best friends daughter has had every form of cancer know to man since she was 15 years old, now close to 40 in my opinion due to Agent Orange which her father dealt with in large doses when in Nam. His oldest daughter born before has perfect health but the youngest conceived after he returned as suffered. They still don't acknowledge the problem nor help. My youngest son has all kinds of intestinal problems from the cocktail of drugs they gave him before going to Desert Storm in the Army and they don't recognize that as a problem.

Last edited: