Urgent Bacon question?

Derek

Banned
Ok I'm about to cook some real bacon from the local meet place and I have a backing question.

Ok I'm going to wrap some bacon slices around plabano and wrap the plabanos with the foil and stuff the foil wrapped plabanos in the broiler.

Anyways How many minutes do I want to cook the bacon wrapped around the plabanos? And what heat do I want to put my plabs on?

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I wouldn’t wrap them in foil as that will keep all the grease floating around and won’t let the bacon crisp up. Put them on a broiler ban or cookie sheet and bake them at 400 F until the bacon is done…..about 15 – 20 minutes. Bake them instead of using the broiler……unless you switch to broiler toward the end to crisp the bacon a bit.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
My nieces husband puts toothpicks through his bacon wrapped, stuffed jalepeno's and sets them on the cups on a muffin pan. That way, the toothpicks keep the peppers out of the grease.

Derek

Banned
My nieces husband puts toothpicks through his bacon wrapped, stuffed jalepeno's and sets them on the cups on a muffin pan. That way, the toothpicks keep the peppers out of the grease.
That's a good idea, I will remember that for next time.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

That's a great idea!

jkath

Excellent idea! I think the mods should give you a gold star for that one, TX

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Excellent... sorry we are all out of gold stars... OK who didn't remember to order the gold stars???:bonk:
:yum:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
LOL. I thought it was a good idea too, but, the gold star would go to nieces husband, hehe, but, since he can't be here tonight, I will accept it for him.............................and keep, LOL

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rep points / Karma points are like gold stars.
I'm giving you reps for sharing that tidbit TG!!!! :thumb: :D

Lefty

Yank
When I do something with a lot of grease in the oven I use one of these bad boys.

624624.jpg

That way the grease goes to the bottom of the pan and you get a nice crisp.