Haggis from the net?

Derek

Banned
Where would the best place and the safest place to order haggis on the net?

Yes I do know what haggis is and I've been meaning to try it for years now.

I like to get the ingredients and make it my self or a kit and make it.

Wart

Banned
Derek, Man, I saw the word Haggis and my stomach did a bit of a turn.

If you can wait a year for 25 January you can go to the Bobby Burns Festival/dinner.

They serve Haggis.

:puke1:

Ok, so I was drug off to these things when I was a kid. For several years. Until I was old enough to stay home by myself.

OTOH I have heard there is good haggis .... What a relative term.

Wart

Banned
Thank you everybody, I'm partial scott and I'm not really brave I will try anything once.

I'm more than 1/4 Scott, it's not a reason to hurt myself.

Ok, once again a childhood thing. Haggis would be served during the reading of Bobby Burns Ode to Haggis, after the reading we were allowed to eat "it". The first time I waited for the end of the reading with anticipation, after that with dread.

:shock:

Derek

Banned
I'm more than 1/4 Scott, it's not a reason to hurt myself.

Ok, once again a childhood thing. Haggis would be served during the reading of Bobby Burns Ode to Haggis, after the reading we were allowed to eat "it". The first time I waited for the end of the reading with anticipation, after that with dread.

:shock:
Really? You didn't like it? Maybe it spoiled before the reading got done.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have no idea. Both of them were gone by the time I was born. It was my dad's parents and my parents divorced when I was just a kid and my dad and I weren't very close.

Derek

Banned
I have no idea. Both of them were gone by the time I was born. It was my dad's parents and my parents divorced when I was just a kid and my dad and I weren't very close.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

All I know my grandma said that she still has the coat of arms with her soem where.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your loss.

All I know my grandma said that she still has the coat of arms with her soem where.

I've often thought about doing a family tree but just never got around to it. That's pretty neat that she still has her coat of arms though!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I like what A.B. has to say at the bottom of his recipe, "Serve with mashed potatoes, if you serve it at all." :yum:

Locutus

Aye! :chef: Haggis is the food of the gods, laddie! Try it, you'll like it! :wink:

I eat it at the Bobby Burns dinner, and the Scottish highland festival and games every year!

But it's nae for everyone! It takes a Scotsman wha' loves the Highlands, and can listen all day to the pibroch soundin' sweet an' clear!

If ya love the pipes, laddie, you'll love the Haggis as wel! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Derek

Banned
Aye! :chef: Haggis is the food of the gods, laddie! Try it, you'll like it! :wink:

I eat it at the Bobby Burns dinner, and the Scottish highland festival and games every year!

But it's nae for everyone! It takes a Scotsman wha' loves the Highlands, and can listen all day to the pibroch soundin' sweet an' clear!

If ya love the pipes, laddie, you'll love the Haggis as wel! :tongue::tongue::tongue:
Oh yeah and what Mama said, That's the only way I've seen haggis served on Gorden's Ramsey show.

The Tourist

Banned
Haggis from a net?

Yikes, I wouldn't take it from her or Frankie Avalon.

Oy, the stuff is horrid! Better to come to Stoughton, Wisconsin and eat leutifisk.

S.Shepherd

Acutally, you can get really good haggis..kindatastes like cornbeef hash

usually served with "neeps and tatties" -- mashed turnips and potato

I used to play in a pipe band back in the 90's, was a pretty good time.

BTW..piobreached is a bitch to learn/play, that and reels.

Wart

Banned
After checking Altons recipe I think getting haggis from the net, a couple days unrefrigerated, a ltttle rot, and it may improve the flavor.

I'm from clans McAndrew, MacKenzie with a touch of the ubiquitous Stewart.

Derek

Banned
Haggis from a net?

Yikes, I wouldn't take it from her or Frankie Avalon.

Oy, the stuff is horrid! Better to come to Stoughton, Wisconsin and eat leutifisk.
Haha, However I would take it from Vallery Bertinnelly from Smokey and the Bandit, Even in her old age :)

Acutally, you can get really good haggis..kindatastes like cornbeef hash

usually served with "neeps and tatties" -- mashed turnips and potato

I used to play in a pipe band back in the 90's, was a pretty good time.

BTW..piobreached is a bitch to learn/play, that and reels.
I learn something new every day, Thank you Mama.

After checking Altons recipe I think getting haggis from the net, a couple days unrefrigerated, a ltttle rot, and it may improve the flavor.

I'm from clans McAndrew, MacKenzie with a touch of the ubiquitous Stewart.
Hell I would try Alton's browns recipe first but where would I get some of the ingredients that's not allowed in the states?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
What part? And what clan was he from?

My grandma is a Chartier clanswoman?

and both my grandma & my mom said I'm about 60-80 percent scot.

I looked up my maiden name and as it turns out, the Lockhart clan was from southern Scotland. I have no idea what clan my grandmother was from. I came across some interesting stuff though.

Derek

Banned
I looked up my maiden name and as it turns out, the Lockhart clan was from southern Scotland. I have no idea what clan my grandmother was from. I came across some interesting stuff though.
I hear you, Research is a blast specially when you come acrossed some cool and unseal facts!

Love2"Q"

haggis is pretty good .. we used to get it at school once
a week .. dont know if i would still like it ..
but i used to love it ...
although i can not remember what it tastes like ..