Saturday Dinner 21 February

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're celebrating Mardi Gras from last week through Tuesday around here in northern New Jersey. Pining away for Decatur Street, I'll make do with what we've got up here..

First course tonight is rabbit and andouille gumbo.

Dinner is Paul's Fantasy (compliments of one of the greatest local eateries down there, Ugelsich's, sadly, never recovered after Katrina:sad:)
Paul's Fantasy consists of cornmeal crusted trout, pan fried in butter and fresh lemon slices, topped with New Orleans BBQd shrimp. It's served with pan fried diced new potatoes.

Maque choux - sauteed fresh corn, onions, peppers, okra and topped with crumbled bacon.

Buttermilk biscuits.

Dessert is white chocolate bread pudding with bananas foster over vanilla ice cream.

I know we're starting the evening with sazeracs - the official drink of New Orleans. If we ever move on to wine, it will be a zinfandel.

Laissez le bon temps roulle!

High Cheese

Saucier
I'm making some sort of Asian chicken. I just deboned some thighs and have the bones roasting in the oven for a brown sauce that I will probobly turn into either a glaze, sauce or dipping sauce.

Now I have boneless/skinless thighs...mmmaybe a sate? Who knows, I'm getting my Mojo working with a Bombay Dry and tonic. xD

chowhound

Steak and stuff. I had to bring out the serving platter again :smile:

Attachments

• 2-21 plated dinner.jpg
    2-21 plated dinner.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 107

babe

i am just grazing tonight. had a pizza bout three pm, just had some warm out of the oven banana bread. if i get hungry have a little left over french onion soup. still have valentine chocolates left so guess that is dessert. good not to cook once in a while.

GotGarlic

I made French onion soup for a starter, then pan-fried a couple of cube steaks and served them with spaetzle, onion gravy, and roasted green beans. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert.

Calicolady

I did a ham, swiss and tomato sandwich on seeded rye.
Wow, wasn't that a big deal!

Chow, that platter looks awesome yummy!