Cheesy Sausage and Potatoes

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here’s an easy side that works well in single serving ramekins or a smaller deep dish baking dish. Baking this made a mess of my baking dish, so sorry the pics aren't Iron Chef pretty! :wink:

Cheesy Sausage and Potatoes

Ingredients

4 medium sized potatoes, peeled, cut into 1” cubes
1/2 lb Breakfast sausage (such as Jimmy Deans)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced onions (optional)
2 tbsp Sour Cream

Procedure

Place the potatoes in a suitable baking dish (one that is small and deep is best here). Season the potatoes with cracked black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Toss well to distribute seasonings. Cover dish with foil (or dish top) and bake in a 400 (F) degree oven until potatoes are tender – about 30 minutes.

As the potatoes are cooking, crumble and brown the sausage. Once done, remove to a paper lined plate to drain.

When potatoes are tender, stir in the sausage and onions (if using onions), the Sour Cream, and 1/4 of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 – 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

I actually ran a little low on cheese tonight, so I didn’t have a full cup, but you get the idea. Still good!

Bake potatoes first till tender.
adnsyh.jpg

Stir in sausage, sour cream, and some cheese (onions are optional).
2r25102.jpg

Top with remaining cheese, and bake till melted and bubbly.
2va1ogw.jpg

Finally, plated.
2vbm15k.jpg

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Couldn't stand it, there was time, so I had to go back and add a "pretty" plate pic.

lilylove

Bam, I love it when you add photos! Thanks!!!

I have some venison sausage in the fridg. Think that will work for this?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Bam, I love it when you add photos! Thanks!!!

I have some venison sausage in the fridg. Think that will work for this?

Uh-oh.......I think I just developed an identity crisis!!!! :yum:

Oh, and I did these pics when I just got my new camera. I've since learned to turn the flash off which makes for a less harsh and more appealing pic. The plated pic was no flash, and it looks better as it's softer.

Last edited:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Did you post under the wrong name tghen?

j/k

Its a great recipe Keltin - I think I might adapt it for my cooking class.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
oh POOOOPIE DOOOOPIE!!!!!!

Keltin, I'm sorry!!!!! I love it when you add pretty photos!!!!

:yum:

No problem! I actually thought you meant to post in one of Bams sausage threads. Will that venison sausage you have crumble? Does it have a bit of fat added to it (most do)? If so, I think it should work.

lilylove

yep, fat added and yep I'll have to crumble it up. It's a ground sausage.

Might give this a try this week. Thank you and again, I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!! I should be "BAMMED" over the head!