1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise, salad dressing, or light mayonnaise dressing*
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Assorted vegetable dippers, flat breads, or assorted crackers

In a skillet cook sliced leek or onion in hot margarine or butter until tender but not brown. Remove from heat. Stir in artichoke hearts, the 1 cup Parmesan cheese, roasted red peppers, mayonnaise, and black pepper.
Transfer mixture to an 8-inch quiche dish or 9-inch pie plate, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with parsley and the 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven about 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with assorted cut-up raw vegetable dipping sticks, flat breads, or crackers.

*Note: Do not make with fat-free mayonnaise. Dip will not set

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
This sounds very good! When you say hot, how quickly do you serve it up after taking it out of the oven? Cause I noticed you said it won't set up with fat free mayo, so I am thinking there is a time delay after taking it out of the oven so it sets up?
Thanks!

homecook

This sounds very good! When you say hot, how quickly do you serve it up after taking it out of the oven? Cause I noticed you said it won't set up with fat free mayo, so I am thinking there is a time delay after taking it out of the oven so it sets up?
Thanks!

I serve this within a few minutes of taking out of the oven. I'm thinking with the fat-free it just won't thicken while baking. There may be more water content in the fat-free mayo.

Barb