Food Pairing

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I saw this posted in another group a couple of days ago and often wonder about this subject. At any rate it not only tells what food might go good together but a very good way to substitute tastes too if I understand it correctly. Check out what I'm talking about here at http://www.foodpairing.be/ I suggest you follow the links a bit as well as read the site. It might help with some of those strange substitutions most home cooks need.

MikeStewart

Joe,

I do have one that Should Not be paired up.

Lime Jello and Onions.

My Mother-In-Law made that one Time and I took a mouthful without realizing it had onions in it.

I wanted to rub my tongue on the carpet to get rid of the taste.

That was 15 years ago--She never made it again when I was there but we still Kid her about it.

Mike.......................:lol:

lilylove

Joe,

I do have one that Should Not be paired up.

Lime Jello and Onions.

My Mother-In-Law made that one Time and I took a mouthful without realizing it had onions in it.

I wanted to rub my tongue on the carpet to get rid of the taste.

That was 15 years ago--She never made it again when I was there but we still Kid her about it.

Mike.......................:lol:

Lime jello and onions... yep...that sounds bad

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I've always thought that if sounds bad odds are it is bad. :puke1:

GotGarlic

Well I've always thought that if sounds bad odds are it is bad. :puke1:

That sounds like a good way to miss out on some good flavor combinations :smile: I didn't grow up eating a lot of ethnic foods; there are lots of foods I eat now I wouldn't have considered when I was younger. For example, I always thought it was weird to put hot sauce on eggs or fried chicken - now that I've developed a taste for hot sauce, I love them both.