Spinach Dip

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Spinach Dip
This was the spinach dip that my mom served with crudites.
Ingredients:
1 package frozen spinach
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1 pint sour cream
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Directions:

Boil spinach according to package directions; drain and cool. Add spinach to sour cream, add onion (more or less according to taste) and seasonings. Serve with crisp fresh vegetables.

Note:

I also like to grate in a little fresh nutmeg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I love to put spinach dips in bread bowls, yum! Funny thing is I don't like spinach any other way, just in dips!
Thanks for posting this!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I need to try this. I have had it but have never made it myself. I usually avoid making things like this because I know I will be the only one eating it. DH is not a big fan spinach, but hey, more for me!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
sattie, if you use the lowfat sour cream than the calories aren't so bad when you are dipping in crudite.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I will try that. I have tried low fat sour cream on it's own and don't care for it much. But, if I make this first with low fat, then I wont know the difference right? Thanks Susan.... I definatly wanted to try spinach more often in my cooking, so this will give me the perfect opportunity to do so and maybe learn to appreciate low fat sour cream.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
If you buy a brand like breakstone, you will find the lowfat version is not so bad. It is the store brands that I find are not as good. As it is mixed with onion and spinach, two strong tasting ingredients, I don't think you will mind it at all.