A World Without Chocolate? Oh, the horror!!!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
That is NOT funny!!
13.gif

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Anyone(s) who ruins those areas where cacao is grown and harvested should be tried, convicted, jailed indefinitely and fined until they are bankrupt!!!!

And NO, I am serious. If I were not serious, I would say, "Off with their heads!"

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I wonder if that is one of the reasons they want to change the rules on what constitutes chocolate? What was it? Not having to have cocoa butter in it anymore?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The chocolate community put a kabosh on the law change. Large corporate chocolate companies (I won't name names, wanted to use a cheaper substitute for cocoa butter and still call chocolate "chocolate". However, it would not be the same at all. It would not snap the same, melt the same, or have the same mouth feel. After a long debate period, the serious chocolate folks won out. I posted about this a while back.

leolady

Anyone(s) who ruins those areas where cacao is grown and harvested should be tried, convicted, jailed indefinitely and fined until they are bankrupt!!!!

And NO, I am serious. If I were not serious, I would say, "Off with their heads!"

:agree:But why such a mild punishment?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
The chocolate community put a kabosh on the law change. Large corporate chocolate companies (I won't name names, wanted to use a cheaper substitute for cocoa butter and still call chocolate "chocolate". However, it would not be the same at all. It would not snap the same, melt the same, or have the same mouth feel. After a long debate period, the serious chocolate folks won out. I posted about this a while back.

Ahh, sorry I missed that. Glad the chocolate people won out!