Sunday Feb, 15th Din-dins.

High Cheese

Saucier
I'm binging on barbeque.

I started the day with a bottle of water but it's been all downhill from there. I fired up the smoker with applewood and threw on a rack of babybacks. Lunch was smoked brats with a few Coronas. The DW is going to the store for wings that I'll turn into BBQ wings and smoked hot wings. Who knows what else I'll put on there.

For the ribs I tried smothering with dijon and made a rub. The mop is homemade tea, cider vinegar and honey.

lilylove

Well..... we were going out for Italian but Paul woke up with a tummy ache so... our heart day dinner may be put on hold... sigh.

Love2"Q"

baby back ribs here also ... with apple and hickory ..
green beans, mac and cheese ..
probably a few other things ...

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Last night I fondled a fresh picnic ham and massaged it with a mix of spices, herbs and smokey paprika that I found at the West Side market. I popped it in the oven and let if cook at 200 F for 10 hours. This morning I shredded it and bathed it in some Sweet Baby Ray's joy juice and popped it in the fridge before heading of to work. DW made some sweet cole slaw this morning and we'll be having pulled pork sammies topped with slaw for din-din. I might bake something for dessert...either cookies of maybe some nasty fattening cinnamon rolls.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well last nights crab cakes, roasted baby gold potatoes and asparagus was great but tonight we are just going to do a steak, baked potato and some fresh cole slaw. We are still kind of full from last night since we ate a few crab cakes each.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I ate and drank so much last night my body needs a break so maybe just a steamed veggie or something.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Spaghetti rigati with meatballs and sausage. Big salad, garlic bread, fig fritters.

homecook

I'm hoping to convince dh to go out tonight. I don't feel like cooking. And I've been a good girl today!

Barb

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I got some chicken parts brining, but not sure what I'm doing with them yet. Thinkin about them scalloped taters or twice baked taters to go with... we will see.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We are doing a Chinese stir fry, honey sesame chicken. Only problem is it wants corn starch. I am hoping I can sub flour to thicken it up.

babe

left over rib eye steak, left over white beans, creamed spinach,maybe, and a green salad. still have bday cake for dessert.

chowhound

I did some potato wedges on the grill, too. The wings were sauced with a hot blue cheese sauce after they had cooked.

Attachments

• 2-15 wing & wedges.jpg
    2-15 wing & wedges.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 133

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Whoo! Pass me some of those wings ChowHound! Fantastic!

Have a beer on me homecook, and actually, omelets can be exciting! :lol:

PanchoHambre

hmm today was not a good day my cooking project (a tex-mex specialty) for the weekend was completely derailed.. I got as far as the Brisket... which was excellent but today went to hell... Burger King for breakfast, Cold left over Pizza for lunch, Beer for dinner. Spent all day painting... interrupted by the phone call from my Brother I knew was coming soon enough. I may have a full house again soon.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I made cheese blintzes for the first time tonight and they were soooo good. The crepes turned out perfectly - and they were even round! I will need to double the crepe recipe (that I had already doubled) because the crepes seemed to disappear as I was making them.

I served them with a little powdered sugar and topped with fresh pureed strawberries. I swear, I feel like Julia Child!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I made cheese blintzes for the first time tonight and they were soooo good. The crepes turned out perfectly - and they were even round! I will need to double the crepe recipe (that I had already doubled) because the crepes seemed to disappear as I was making them.

I served them with a little powdered sugar and topped with fresh pureed strawberries. I swear, I feel like Julia Child!

Did you use my mom's recipe? How do your fingers feel from all that flipping? What did you serve with them? Yum! I love cheese blintzes.