Sandy Hook Elementry School

Leni

What kind of person can shoot such young innocent children? Pure evil. What a horrible to have happened and right before the holidays. You just know that presents have already been bought for some of the dead. Words cannot even begin to express my feelings on this one.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
It is not the weapon. Sick bastards will use whatever means they can to do their crime. Today 20 kids were killed in China with a knife.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's so true Mountain man. I think the problem is more about the great moral decline this country has been going through.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people whose lives will ever be changed by this senseless tragedy.

Last edited:

cookingirl

There are no words at all....

Pray for the families, friends, and the town of Newtown...

God welcomed 20 angels yesterday..

God welcomed 6 more choir members also....

(hope I said this appropriately..

if not, could a moderator fix what I meant to say......).

Leni

There are always warning signs before the act. It's a matter of us paying attention.

Ian M.

The question that comes to my mind, was Adam Lanza evil or was he insane? Or perhaps half a point for each? I sat in my son's room on Friday night and held him close to my heart. I simply couldn't imagine how it would feel if something happened to take him from us. I don't know if I could survive it. I'm pretty sure Fallon couldn't. We held each other later that night and cried together and prayed together for those whom God had called home that day. As someone said, 20 more angels in God's house that night and six more for the heavenly choir. The grief is overwhelming! As much as the loss of those children is tragic, so, too, is the fact that for the children who survived, their innocense has been stripped from them and that loss can never be made whole ever again. How can those babies ever understand what happened? And as a parent, I can't imagine how one explains that to a small child. The effects of this horror are so far-reaching as to not even have been completely comprehended at this point.

Ian

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Actually folks people have died including children through out all of human history. Often with no purpose at all and sometimes in the name of some purpose which also makes is of little purpose. There are crazy people that can watch a TV commercial and want to murder while the vast majority never give the commercial a thought, but it only takes one over the edge. It has more to do with people thinking processes than anything else.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
My heart is hurting for the little girl whose twin brother was killed. Because they were so inseparable they were in different classes to let them learn independence. That would be especially hard for a parent to deal with.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My heart is hurting for the little girl whose twin brother was killed. Because they were so inseparable they were in different classes to let them learn independence. That would be especially hard for a parent to deal with.

I have to agree as this is all totally senseless and serves no purpose at all. But I feel for the many that have died all over the world due to senseless violence caused by mental problems. I expect it will get a bit worse before it ever gets better too which is also very sad.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Actually, it was 22 children and 1 adult. 4 of the children were seriously injured but apparently none died...this time. A couple of years ago 20 children and 50 adults were killed by knives.

From the LATimes

Man Slashes 22 Children

December 14, 2012

BEIJING -- A man with a knife slashed 22 children and one adult outside an elementary school in Henan province Friday morning, China's worst such incident in more than a year.
The attack was reminiscent of a spate of knife attacks on schoolchildren that took place across China in 2010. In most cases, the attackers were unemployed middle-aged men, leading to speculation that the assaults stemmed from economic and social discontent.
Friday's attack occurred at about 7:40 a.m. as children were arriving outside the gate of Chenpeng Village’s Wanquan Elementary School. The suspect, Min Yingjun, 36, allegedly slashed an elderly woman as well as the children. Local propaganda officials said later that Min had a psychological illness.

Pictures uploaded to the Internet by bystanders show family members carrying young children with bandages on their heads. The local reports state that four seriously wounded children were transferred to other hospitals for intensive care.

The scene of the attack lies within the limits of Xinyang City, a mountainous and poor municipality 600 miles south of Beijing. The region is renowned for maojian, a bitter and aromatic green tea grown in the mountains. Xinyang is also known as one of the areas hardest hit by the famine that accompanied Communist Party agricultural policies in the 1950s and 1960s. More recent government policy has encouraged the adult population in rural Henan to migrate to cities to look for employment.

In another incident, a 25-year-old man was arrested Thursday night in Beijing after a series of incidents in which young women were slashed on the subway with a box cutter. The New China News Agency said the young man had recently been jilted by a girlfriend and wanted "revenge on society."

In 2010, nearly 20 children were killed and 50 wounded in a string of copycat incidents around central China. China has strict gun control laws, so knives are the weapon of choice in violent crimes.
It just goes to show that it's not the weapon that is the problem it is the people holding them.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Danang Sailor posted a tread over at Forumforum.com with the possible link between how times have changed over the last couple of decades making young people so violent today. I've thought about this but it could be an even larger explanation in that my kids grew up in the 70's and 80's where there was no such thing as ADHD which the treated with pretty strong drugs like they do today. I've seen kids on these drugs that just talk a bit to much in classrooms get put on them. Perhaps it has come back to bit the parents and current generations of non parents in the butt.

Mama: China has had a rash of these attacks over the last few years. But then the UK is also big on sharp objects and a lot of the world that don't have access to guns. Besides most seem to forget another modern day mad man, Timothy McVay he killed 168 people 20 of which was toddlers with a bomb made of fertilizer bought in any home improvement store that handles gardening. No limit to a mad persons capabilities really.

Shermie

Site Supporter
A 60-something-year-old man on Friday morning who lives not too far from the elementary school saw 6 small children and their bus driver sitting on his front lawn near his driveway.

When he came up to the kids, they told him that their teacher was killed and that they can't go back to the school. Their sad story touched his heart so deeply that he became emotional, broke down and cried as he told reporters!! He let them stay there until their parents came after they called them to let them know that they were safe and unharmed.

The kids were there while they called their parents, who came for them after a while. This guy really broke down and was so distraught that it's heartbreaking to see and hear him give account on the aftermath of the tragic event that took place that morning!!!