George McGovern Dies.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Shermie, I'll step up and just say this about Mr. McGovern.
I was raised in a home of liberal democrats.. Catholics.
My grandparents both on my Father's side adored the man.

While I was too young to appreciate or not, the history of him politically.. I do think he was a man of principle and should be remembered for that.
That generation of men are dwindling.
May he rest in peace.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I remember when he ran for prez.

I voted for him. It just too bad that we knew nothing about the Watergate scandel at that time!! Nixon would not have been elected, and McGovern would have been elected as prez of the United States!!

Nixon was nothing but a crook!!! Throughout much of the first half of his 2nd term in office, Nixon had steadfastly maintained that he knew nothing of the Watergate break-in, and had stubbornly maintained his so-called innocense. Then, after much research and investigations, the darkness came to light, and it was revealed that Nixon not only was involved in the scandel, but he also masterminded it - muck like Osama Binladen had masterminded the 09-11 trerror attacks.

Then-VP, Spiro T. Agnew was also a crook, it was revealed!! He was wanted for tax evasion. Amid his resignation because of tax fraud, Nixon choose Gerald R. Ford as his then VP. Nixon himself, resigned in August, '74. Then Ford was automatically sworn in. Ford in turn, pardons Nixon. Ford decides to run for prez. But he was not elected and was beaten by Jimmy Carter. Sometime later, Agnew dies. There was definitly desention in the ranks.

Ford had shot himself in the foot by pardoning Nixon, and it later came back to haunt him. People did not feel that Nixon should have been let off so easily. We had wanted him punished for his reckless actions, but it never came about. All because it got swept under the rug!! Nixon himself died from a stroke in April, '94.

Last edited: